1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electrical help

Duvalsm Feb 9, 2018

1. Duvalsm

Duvalsm New Member

Alright so i got aome weird stuff going on and i need some input. Today i turned on my audi a and it said my brake light was out so i checked it and my left side brake light was out and the right side was lit. After driving for fifteen minutes i parked and looked again at the brakes and the left side was lit and the right side was out....help?

2. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

What car is this I didn't think the 8L had a brake light bulb failure warning.

3. IanPG

IanPG Well-Known Member Silver Supporter Team Nogaro Blue Audi S3

yeah there's a brake light bulb failure symbol. it's the one with the X'd out bulb in the broken circle

remember your lights have two levels - red parker and then brake. maybe either one is blown or the bulb has spun loose

4. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk Team Ming Blue Audi S3

Is that not just a bulb warning light. I thought it was for front or rear bulbs as when I had a headlight out it gave a warning buzz.

5. IanPG

yeah that one doesn't have the broken circle around it for "brake pad worn" warning

the normal brake pad warning is a broken circle thing.

so i guess they combined the two to mean brakes & bulb = brake light bulb lol

6. Stuart B

please stop saying "broken circle" - I am getting flashbacks from when I googled it about 15 years ago to look for an image to use on a web site to highlight the current day on a calendar widget.

7. IanPG

there was google 15 years ago?

hydro s3 likes this.
  8. Stuart B

there were BB forums 28 years ago.

upload_2018-2-10_21-20-30.png

I remember a teenage "search engine algorithm designer" becoming the youngest blue chip multi-millionaire - I'm not sure who he sold it to, but when questioned "what he has bought", he said well I don't have any money only shares worth millions which I am not allowed to cash in.

IanPG likes this.