Electrical gremlins on 2003 2.5tdi BDH Quattro

a6allroader

Reaction score
Hi people

I have recently purchased a 2003 2.5 tdi quattro. It has a couple of electrical issues like the hazard lights randomly come on whilst driving....no specific time intervals but very annoying.....at the same time i hear a click noise from the 'lock switch' that the driver has on drivers door car near the grab handle.
I can reproduce the fault by continuously pressing 'unlock' position on this switch, the hazards come on.
The battery was drained this morning so you can imagine how annoying this is......would really appreciate some guidance if you could?

I had the codes read and the results were:

05A1 - fuel shortage sensor

460B - Crash Signal Signal Inoperable

0230 - Exhaust gas re-circulation Above control limit (this may be due to the car having a blanking plate fitted?)

It's driving me up the wall a bit as you cxan imagine......

Cheers guys
Qady :)

What was the problem @a6allroader ? Somebody else looking for help and doing a search may discover this thread and it may help them if they had an idea where to look..

Ahhh yes, the issue was the actual Hazard Light switch. I have disconnected the switch and no more battery drain. I will purchase a new one from the dealers and see what happens when i connect it up. It was randomly trying to lock the doors too and stopped the doors from locking when i tried to flick the switch on the drivers door. I can know use this button to lock all the doors which is located on the drivers door near the grab handle......i guess it's not totally fixed as i have yet to plug in a new hazard light switch but i'm just grateful its not draining the battery every night! I even went out and bought a battery booster pack too!!