Electrical connection on front of inlet manifold.

philpy

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the electrical connection on the front of the inlet manifold is for? Its just to the left of the dipstick when looking at the front of the engine. Oh its a 2002 BAM.

The reason I ask is that whan I was carrying out the N249 delete the other day i must have forgot to connect it back up, as it was in the way when taking the metal plate out from underneath the plastic cover. I have noticed that my idle was a bit more stable after I had left it unconnected and put this down to the DV being straigh of the manifold and I had maybe eliminated a vacuum leak.

However last night i was checking the oil and noticed it was disconnected and plugged it back in. I now have a slightly wobbly idle, and was wondering when this sensor was for.

thanks

The visible one next to the throttle body is the air temp sensor and the one (which I think you are on about) which is normally hidden under the plastic trim in front of the inlet manifold is the EGT sensor... if unplugged your MPG will be rubbish and you can potentially cause engine damage from bore wash

<tuffty/>

I had noticed my mpg was down but its now back to normal once connected back up.

Is likely to affect the idle too or could that be a total coincidence?

Unplugging it will make it all run richer... the ECU will have adapted a bit for this... plugging it back in will have throw this adaption out again so I suspect it will settle again once you have driven the car for a little while

<tuffty/>