electric window problems

chris_20

Reaction score
looks as though the window controls on the drivers door have gone, i know the motors still work because i can open and close the windows from the key fob. any1 have any idea how much this is likely to hurt the wallet??

cheers dudes:icon_thumright:

ok seems to have fixed itself now?? think my eleccy windows are possesed. lol

chris_20 said:
ok seems to have fixed itself now?? think my eleccy windows are possesed. lol
Chris,
Ive developed problems with my electric window,driver side.
Im sure it used to go all the way down with one touch,now I have to hold the button down to get it to go all the way down.
Trouble seemed to start the other day when I went to lock the car using the key fob.It wouldnt lock,so I had to use the key.
When I came back to the car and used the key to unlock it I set the alrm off,and ever since then the window doesnt go all the way down with one touch.
After I drove the car (for about 60 miles ) I parked and pressed the key fob to lock and it worked,and since then its been OK( ie locking with key fob) but window is still not going all the way down with one touch

I was also curious about you being able to open the window with the key fob ,I was never able to do that with mine,is it something the dealers have to programme into the key ?

Given your recent problems any thoughts /suggestions ?

Cheers:icon_thumright:

johnlondonw3 said:
Trouble seemed to start the other day when I went to lock the car using the key fob.It wouldnt lock,so I had to use the key.
When I came back to the car and used the key to unlock it I set the alrm off,and ever since then the window doesnt go all the way down with one touch.
After I drove the car (for about 60 miles ) I parked and pressed the key fob to lock and it worked,and since then its been OK( ie locking with key fob) but window is still not going all the way down with one touch
Not sure about the window thing but occasionally mine has a little moment and wont open/lock with the remote until I start the car and switch it off again (literally start it up and switch it straight off again!)

johnlondonw3 said:
I was also curious about you being able to open the window with the key fob ,I was never able to do that with mine,is it something the dealers have to programme into the key ?

I think on some specs its standard, some its an option. I used to work at a Jaquar Stealership, all Jags have 'global closing' (as they call it), but cars have to be programmed with 'global opening' even if its a standard feature for some specs or requested as an option on another. For example all the new XK's have to be programmed with 'global opening' when they get to the stealerships even though its a standard feature on all specs. Strangely, the windows have to be programmed to go up/down when you open/close the roof of the convertible too (as in, if you keep your finger on the roof open/close button for a second after the roof has completed its action the windows will also go up/down accordingly) Same with the auto powerfold mirrors, they have to be programmed at the stealership too!

I thought the fob worked the windows open or closed depending on if you keep open/lock pressed.?
Is it not the same with using key to open door, i.e. turn key to open and keep in that position and windows will open and vice versa.
I know in a passat I had, the time it took to have windows open was time it took to turn key; as soon aws key turned windows opened.

As for being able to open window with one touch, for me its a matter of luck, sometimes it opens all the way, usually when i dont want it to but that not so bad.

The real problem for me at the moment is closing the window(drivers side)-window goes up and just before its half way up it turns round and goes all the way down.
Not a major problem at moment but annoying all the same.
What can you do.

Later:zen:

vincenzo_2k said:
The real problem for me at the moment is closing the window(drivers side)-window goes up and just before its half way up it turns round and goes all the way down.
Not a major problem at moment but annoying all the same.
What can you do.

Later:zen:

yer thats happened to me b4 but again it seems to have fixed itself for the time being

Could be something in the guides jamming the window from going all the way up so the auto saftey to stop you getting your fingers trapped is probarly kicking in and making the windows go down again, could be worth checking there is no obstructions in the window guides.