Electric window opens by itself

poseidon_gr

Reaction score
I got into my car this morning and to my horror I saw that the passenger's window was wide open. First I thought that I left it by mistake the evening but it happened againg 2 times this morning!!! Has anyone any ideas why the electic window is opening itself??? This is happening around 1 to 2hr after I lock it. It is an N reg A4 2.6 Quattro (if it matters any way).

Cheers

I open mine by mistake as im getting out the car quite abit. Same problem perhaps?

I thought that the first time, but it happened again later and it was done by itself for sure.

Hi mine did this too it turned out to be the aftermarket alarm sending xtra pulses to the cent locking just like when you turn and hold your key in the open position all windows will drop , if its the factory alarm then check the cent locking control unit , grease all lock hinges
Full vag com can check this function too

check your drivers side footwell? is it damp?
I had a bung blocking the bulkhead drain which flooded over the pollen filter and into the glove box, eventually filling the passenger footwell about 2 inches.
Some B5 chassis cars have the body control ECU down there, gets wet goes mental. My windows and alarm were going nutty one night and I didn't know why,,,,

That happened to me twice and then the 3rd time i realised it was me skiffing the auto open whilst getting out of the car. Damn annoying but you seem sure it is an actual prob so good luck locating it.