Electric Window Issues

clem2192

Reaction score
Guys / Gals,

Having issues with my passenger window recently. (2004 A3 3.2)

Basically when opening or closing the window it seems to be very slow and noisy (its more noisy when closing), it also struggles to close the last few inches.

Also when the passenger window is partially open and you attempt to close it then it it opens more and you have to hit the switch again before it'll go up.

I have considered the switch but it happens with both driver and passenger switch.

I am guessing its either the window regulator or the motor as this is a common problem with the VAG range.

Anyone else experienced this problem and had it resolved?

Thanks

Ryan

I don;t know the answer, but my A3 is doing something similar with the drivers window occasionally - it goes up to the top when closing then instead of staying shut it comes back down again. I'm assuming it's the regulator??

MG, mine did the same thing! Not sure what the problem was, traded it in a few weeks ago for another model. It seems to be common fault though.......

keep your finger on the button for a few seconds when the window is at the top, and it should reset itself

ghouseman,
will this rectify the slow and noisy winding problem too?
when you say on the button, do you mean keep it in the close position for a few seconds when fully closed?
Ryan

Also can anyone please give me the part number for both the passenger side window motor and regulator?
(2003 3.2 V6 3dr)
Cheers!!
Ryan