Electric window help

AudiJohn

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,
Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem before and been able to cure it. A week or so ago the front passenger window wouldn't go down by pressing the door switch from that side but it was still operational from the drivers door. Then a day ago it stopped working from the drivers side, when pressing the switch on the drivers door you can hear a slight noise inside the passenger door. Any ideas? i also noticed the red ambient door light stopped working on the passenger door aswell so i checked the bulb but that is ok. Any help is appreciated

Passenger door - window not working / red ambient light not working / electric mirror is working

Cant help with your issues....

My passanger side electric mirror does not move.

My drivers electric window occasionaly wont close - I press to close it goes all the way up then comes back down half way?

****** electrics

Isn't there a 'reset' sequence?

Something like hold button down till window is all the way down. Then immediately pull button up till all the way up, then release?

Might be worth a search on here…

Check the wiring going into the doors, between the A post and door when open you will see a rubber gaiter get this off and check the wires carefully. Even though they look intact the copper wire inside the insulation might be broken of frayed. I have a similar problem at the moment and can see the broken wire but can't get the rubber gromet out of the door so i can solder it up.

agreed mine did the same and it was a broken wire. when the door is shut it would make a grumbling noise when the switch was pressed as the 2 broken ends where loosely touching

Hi Guy's,
Thanks for all your suggestions, i found the problem to be inside the passenger door, it was the connector to the door control module ( far left, one with purple holding clip) it had become loose so i pinned it back into position and all electrics on door are now working, window switch and illumination / red ambient light.