1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric window fault.

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_highlander1, Sep 25, 2005.

1. imported_highlander1

imported_highlander1 Guest

[Sep 25, 2005]
    Hi guy's any ideas what could be wrong with my passenger window. It will only go up and down a few inches at a time and when it reaches the top it will go back down a few inches. I have tried resetting the one touch function but cant as the window will always go back down. The passenger window switch on the drivers side looks iffy but the fault also happens with the passenger side switch. can someone also tell me how to remove the door panel so I can swap the window switches round just to make sure that its not just the switch.
    Cheers,
    Deano.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. madvw

madvw Active Member

[Sep 25, 2005]
    window regulator?
  4. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[Sep 25, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    window regulator?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree - especially as it's happening with both switches now - I think swapping them over will only produce the same result.

Sometimes the window does not run as freely as it should, making the regulator cut in, I think you need to lubricate the runners? Someone should be able to point you in the right direction.

Kev.
  5. imported_highlander1

imported_highlander1 Guest

[Sep 25, 2005]
    Thanks guy's I will lub the the window runners in the door and see if this helps.
    Cheers,
    Deano.