1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric whine help

cjrob Nov 22, 2009

1. cjrob

cjrob Member

I bought a Ipod connector (the Connects 2 one CTAADIPOD003) after installing it it works fine but when I am driving it creates and electric whine, the pitch gets higher the faster I drive. I thought it was a grounding issue, ive checked where I was grounding it and it all seems fine (grounding to the icon that looks like an upturned tree on the wiring diagram) I have a 98 A4 2.8 with I believe the concert 2 (tape player, cd changer in boot no amp / sub.

the back of the stereo is exactly the same as a previous post http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=55935

tried moving the lead from the Connects 2 box to the ipod from the drivers side to the passengers, but again didnt seem to solve anything.

am I missing something stupid?

cheers

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

The ground to the HU is pretty poor, I would start by earthing the chassis of the HU to the chassis of the car, then use this ground as well for the iPOD adapter.

3. cjrob

cjrob Member

cheers, its strange as it never happened before I connected the ipod adaptor, where is the easiest place to ground the HU and connector? thinking around the kick pannel?

4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

Behind the glovebox