1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric whine help

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by cjrob, Nov 22, 2009.

1. cjrob

cjrob Member

[Nov 22, 2009]
    I bought a Ipod connector (the Connects 2 one CTAADIPOD003) after installing it it works fine but when I am driving it creates and electric whine, the pitch gets higher the faster I drive. I thought it was a grounding issue, ive checked where I was grounding it and it all seems fine (grounding to the icon that looks like an upturned tree on the wiring diagram) I have a 98 A4 2.8 with I believe the concert 2 (tape player, cd changer in boot no amp / sub.

the back of the stereo is exactly the same as a previous post http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=55935

tried moving the lead from the Connects 2 box to the ipod from the drivers side to the passengers, but again didnt seem to solve anything.

am I missing something stupid?

cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 22, 2009]
    The ground to the HU is pretty poor, I would start by earthing the chassis of the HU to the chassis of the car, then use this ground as well for the iPOD adapter.
  4. cjrob

cjrob Member

[Nov 22, 2009]
    cheers, its strange as it never happened before I connected the ipod adaptor, where is the easiest place to ground the HU and connector? thinking around the kick pannel?
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 22, 2009]
    Behind the glovebox