Electric Recaro seat tilt not working... Now causing back problems -_-

Benjiman46

R-Tech Terrorist
Reaction score
Ok, so my electric seat tilt (the motor that lifts your legs up and down, NOT the back-rest) hasn't worked since I bought my S3 back in February, and recently I've been having a few back problems, and I recon the S3 is the cause.

The little bolster/lumbar support switch works fine as does the seat back, but the switch that I believe lifts the front of the seat up and down, doesn't do anything, and I think it's the position it's in now that is the problem.

Anyone with leather Recaros will know what I mean by this switch...

Has anyone else had the same problem and fixed it? Or just knows how to fix it for that matter...

It's making me consider selling for a newer shape 8P A3 Diesel my back pain is that bad :/

Ben

id start by removing the switch pack from the side of the seat, i had a problem with my lumbar support, and when i removed the switch pack i found the circuit board was burnt out, i bridged the switch and hey presto working lumbar, so it may be the same problem with your height adjustment!

Can also have problems if the upper/lower limit microswitches get stuck. Bad news is they are buried in the innards of the seat. Good news is if you are reasonably handy you can fix them yourself. Have a look at the A3 interior manual in the stickies - that tells you how to take the seat out without the airbag going off, then how to take the seat to bits. It's time consuming and fiddly, but doable. The microswitches are still available but ****** expensive. If you do a search I posted the part number in a previous thread about electric recaros.