1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric recaro leather seats...? Will they work

shaz Nov 1, 2012

1. shaz

shaz Member

Electric Leather Seats - Will They Work? B6 Avant
    Hi, A friend mine has recaro electric seats fitted to his B6 Avant, He has offered them for sale to me, For my Quattro B6 Avant,

Now my dilemma is will the seats work in my car? ie the electric seats will they adjust like normal?

I have heard that my car will have the plug already there and that they just need connecting...

Feedback appreciated as soon as due to my friend having other potential buyers for the interior... lol

regards

2. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

If you search on here four rile did a full write up. There is some wiring you'd need to do

3. shaz

shaz Member

Right, I managed to fit one seat it, the plug was same although it had two pins less, plugged them in and the electric seat started working...! But about 10mins later whilst I put the bolts in the seat buttons stopped working?

Any ideas what's happened? Otherwise il have to call an electriction out

4. shaz

shaz Member

Is there anyone on here who has fitted leather electric seats to an 2004 b6

5. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

6. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

It needs a higher amperage fuse doesn't it?

7. shaz

shaz Member

My lumbar support has stopped working on my cloth seats - it were defo working before,

Iv searched for a fuse for the lumbar support but it cannot be found,

Any ideas chaps?

Bear in mind it the electronic seat worked for about 10mins but when I began to bolt it down it stopped working

8. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

Yep. 30amp for full electrics. 10 for the normal seat. Shaz, you will have blown the fuse. Read the link and you'll see which on it is.

9. shaz

shaz Member

Hi mate, sorry if I'm being annoying, iv checked every fuse in the drivers side fuse box and every single one is ok,

I have read through the link and cannot see where a fuse is Mentuoned,

Any ideas what number fuse it is or can be?

10. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

'Last, while you're here remove the 10amp red blade fuse that's pictured here beside the 2 silver thermal fuses. replace it with a 30amp. that's the power fuse for your seat movement. 10 amp was Ok for electric lumbar support but not the full functions of a recaro seat.'

[​IMG]

'The fuse for the passenger's side is located behind the kick plate in the passenger's footwell. lever off the long plastic trim that runs from seat to glovebox along the floor, starting at the end nearest the seat.'

[​IMG]

'Under the large part you'll see a few electrical connectors and a lonely little red 10 amp blade fuse. change it for a 30amp and put the plastic trim back again.'

[​IMG]

All from the write up by fourcircle as per previous link

11. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

yep as above simple change the 2 fuses

12. shaz

shaz Member

Chasdrury.... YOUR A LEGEND! And so is fourcircle for that superb write up!

Seats are all working, although a right pain in the **** to fit,

Can't wait to show you guys pics of it

13. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Have you checked the wire gauge supports 30amp safely?

14. SL11CKK

SL11CKK Active Member

We are still waiting for the pictures! :drool:

15. shaz

shaz Member

Not sure to be honest, once there complete the position of the seat won't be changing.

Pics are on the way, unfortunately mine didn't have an armrest fitted and therefore I need to cut a small hole in the top of the tunnel inorder for it to fit,

16. drift king

drift king New Member

Hi guys, I know this is an old thread but have an 2002 audi a4 b6 sport the normal seats with electric lumbar supports. I just wanted to confirm that if i buy fully electric seats, will the wiring be for my electric lumbar support be the same as the fully electric ones and just be a case of plug and play apart from a higher amp fuse? Thanks

17. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

some times it is some times not
    better off pulling a seat and checking first.

18. drift king

drift king New Member

okay thanks

19. sabaxter

sabaxter Active Member

If not kufatec make the relevant looms to fit fully electric!

20. passat16v

passat16v Member

ive moved the passenger kick plate on my b6 cab and cant see a 10 amp fuse and on the drivers side it looks like 50amp in the brown fuse holder.????

Is that the one I should be changing

21. shaz

shaz Member

The fuse should be under the steering wheel. I'm pretty sure that was where mine was the one I changed

22. passat16v

passat16v Member

do I change number 1 or 2 :)

P1100028.jpg

23. shaz

shaz Member

I'm pretty sure it's the number 1. Because I remember changing mine to a 20amp fuse.