EKTA for Dash fixings

t30gue

Reaction score
Help,
Creak from passenger side of my dash is driving me insane! I am convinced that something needs tightening, but am unsure what! Feels like whole dash has small amount of play in it on passenger side. I need to start stripping off the glovebox and lower shelf and have a look behind. Hopefully there will be some mounts or something similar behind that I can tighten?

Any diagrams or EKTA that could assist me in this would be great.
Think I'll get my tools out this weekend.

Dicky S3,
Tried turning the radio up doesn't work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Now I find myself listening even harder for the noise, to hear above radio.

Don't really want to go to the Dealer, as labour could be huge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

the diagram doesnt really help much but here it is:

basically you prise off the end piece after opening the door and remove all the splined screws you can see - then there are 1 or 2 of the same screws below the bottom of the glovebox lid and 2 or 3 inside the top of the glove box - the box just lifts away and you can disconnect the connectors for the light and airbag switch.

Dunk,
Thanks for the help, it seems straightforward enough. I just hope I can see some dashboard fixings behind it all!

Cheers,
Chris.

certainly at the glove box side there is a large metal bracket that is part of the dash fixing

it may be the glove box anyway if you are lucky

So Chris did you take the dash apart? Any joy in getting rid of the noises?

Rich.

Defo improved the bas*ard with a bit of stripping and tightening. Need to test on a longer run though.
Thanks for help!