Eighth wonder of the world????

A

aythree

Don't know how I ever came to notice this but there is something that needs to be answered, and it needs to be answered now!!!

Why is it that the 'best before date' on all packs of crisps always falls on a Saturday????? :wtf:

Check it if you don't believe me!!

So please somebody, anybody, give me the answer. Help me sleep at night once again!!! :rolleyes:

Phew!

Next I'll probably start doing something like replying to threads started by people with nothing better to do.
Now that really will give the game away!! :rolleyes:

Haha, you could even reply to your own thread, pretending to be someone else??

set the best by date I meant, bit like we set the delivery week every sat night at midnight

but across the entire crisp world, across all the different makers??

I shouldn't care about it this much...... but I do!!! :wacko:

Well normally its best before a month isn't it? Not an actual day?

Well normally its best before a month isn't it? Not an actual day?

lol.... I f**king hope not!
Cos then that would mean each time I had looked at a crisp packet I imagined seeing a full best before date on it, and more worringly, it means I then went on to imagine that I checked that full date and found it to be a Saturday!! :wtf:

You have WAYYYY too much time on you'r hands, however....... *checks her pack of Lidl's prawn cocktail crisps* OMG! the date is 8th aug 09 which is a sat. *Rushes to kitchen to check 24 multi pack*:yes: All on a sat!!!! Well done what a find lol

You have WAYYYY too much time on you'r hands, however....... *checks her pack of Lidl's prawn cocktail crisps* OMG! the date is 8th aug 09 which is a sat. *Rushes to kitchen to check 24 multi pack*:yes: All on a sat!!!! Well done what a find lol

Hahahahahaaaa... toooollllddd yyoooouuuuuu!!!!

Spread the word!!!! :rock:

OK well heres one we were discussing the other day, has anyone else noticed how alot of the new mercs, especially the E classes only have one fog light working at the front???!!??

Strange??

Keep an eye out and you too will notice :think:

OK well heres one we were discussing the other day, has anyone else noticed how alot of the new mercs, especially the E classes only have one fog light working at the front???!!??

Strange??

Keep an eye out and you too will notice :think:

Look closer and you will see why ;)

It's a visibility thing, one fog light comes on at night with either a corresponding indicator, or a turn of the steering wheel to light up the corner. Kind of like adaptive headlights. It's not just Mercs, FIAT's do it too and I'm sure there are others.

When I first spotted it I thought Merc must have bought a dodgy batch of foglight bulbs in 2007 lol

I used to work there!

Although I never picked up on this either, at the risk of spoiling this thread I would give the likely but dull explanation which is that it will be done to make stock rotation easier at the warehouses and in stores so there aren't a load of dates to sort through but weekly ones.

Its the same for KP peanuts, or so says my pack of dry roasted here....

It applies to nuts too??? What next.... prawn crackers... Mini chedders... BOMBAY MIX!!!!
WTF!!

One of our lads has got some Snackrite mini pickle thins (a copy of mini cheddars) and they go out of date on Tuesday 13th Oct. I don't think they count though.

One of our lads has got some Snackrite mini pickle thins (a copy of mini cheddars) and they go out of date on Tuesday 13th Oct. I don't think they count though.

To protect this find.......
no, Snackrite Pickle Thins DO NOT count.
Crisps only (with the new addition of peanuts):rulez: ;)

Unless of course the 13th of Oct you refer to is in 2012. That's a Saturday!
:)

PS: I find it well funny that people are actually starting to check the dates on their crisps now to see if it falls on a Saturday.
I've received about 10 texts over the weekend from friends who have been checking too! :)

OCD, here we come!!!

Unless of course the 13th of Oct you refer to is in 2012. That's a Saturday!
:)

I can't believe that you went through the years to find when the 13th is a Sat! lol :thumbsup:

Look closer and you will see why ;)

It's a visibility thing, one fog light comes on at night with either a corresponding indicator, or a turn of the steering wheel to light up the corner. Kind of like adaptive headlights. It's not just Mercs, FIAT's do it too and I'm sure there are others.

When I first spotted it I thought Merc must have bought a dodgy batch of foglight bulbs in 2007 lol

I'm glad i'm not the only loon! Also next time your following an old Rover 200/MgZr, I bet one of the rear lights isnt working!

Mark 4 Golfs, as well they always seem to have a rear light out too!!!

Whats with that??