1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eighth wonder of the world????

aythree May 8, 2009

1. aythree

aythree Guest

Don't know how I ever came to notice this but there is something that needs to be answered, and it needs to be answered now!!!

Why is it that the 'best before date' on all packs of crisps always falls on a Saturday????? :wtf:

Check it if you don't believe me!!

So please somebody, anybody, give me the answer. Help me sleep at night once again!!! :rolleyes:

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Quiet day?

3. aythree

aythree Guest

That obvious??

4. quattrojames

Not at all :whistle2:

5. aythree

aythree Guest

Phew!

Next I'll probably start doing something like replying to threads started by people with nothing better to do.
    Now that really will give the game away!! :rolleyes:

6. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Haha, you could even reply to your own thread, pretending to be someone else??

7. aythree

aythree Guest

I almost understood that, but now my head hurts.

:)

8. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

they probally just set them on a sunday to last x amount of months, or sat is the new fryday lol

9. aythree

aythree Guest

The pain just got worse

:confused:

10. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

set the best by date I meant, bit like we set the delivery week every sat night at midnight

11. aythree

aythree Guest

but across the entire crisp world, across all the different makers??

I shouldn't care about it this much...... but I do!!! :wacko:

12. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

Well normally its best before a month isn't it? Not an actual day?

13. aythree

aythree Guest

lol.... I f**king hope not!
    Cos then that would mean each time I had looked at a crisp packet I imagined seeing a full best before date on it, and more worringly, it means I then went on to imagine that I checked that full date and found it to be a Saturday!! :wtf:

14. Purple Princess

Purple Princess Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You have WAYYYY too much time on you'r hands, however....... *checks her pack of Lidl's prawn cocktail crisps* OMG! the date is 8th aug 09 which is a sat. *Rushes to kitchen to check 24 multi pack*:yes: All on a sat!!!! Well done what a find lol

15. aythree

aythree Guest

Hahahahahaaaa... toooollllddd yyoooouuuuuu!!!!

Spread the word!!!! :rock:

16. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

OK well heres one we were discussing the other day, has anyone else noticed how alot of the new mercs, especially the E classes only have one fog light working at the front???!!??

Strange??

Keep an eye out and you too will notice :think:

17. quattrojames

Look closer and you will see why ;)

It's a visibility thing, one fog light comes on at night with either a corresponding indicator, or a turn of the steering wheel to light up the corner. Kind of like adaptive headlights. It's not just Mercs, FIAT's do it too and I'm sure there are others.

When I first spotted it I thought Merc must have bought a dodgy batch of foglight bulbs in 2007 lol

18. Igdos

Igdos Member

I used to work there!

Although I never picked up on this either, at the risk of spoiling this thread I would give the likely but dull explanation which is that it will be done to make stock rotation easier at the warehouses and in stores so there aren't a load of dates to sort through but weekly ones.

19. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

Its the same for KP peanuts, or so says my pack of dry roasted here....

20. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Seabrook crisps sat 1st August :huh:

21. aythree

aythree Guest

It applies to nuts too??? What next.... prawn crackers... Mini chedders... BOMBAY MIX!!!!
    WTF!!

22. Purple Princess

Purple Princess Moderator Staff Member Moderator

OMG! THE MIND BOGGLES!!!!

23. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

One of our lads has got some Snackrite mini pickle thins (a copy of mini cheddars) and they go out of date on Tuesday 13th Oct. I don't think they count though.

24. aythree

aythree Guest

To protect this find.......
    no, Snackrite Pickle Thins DO NOT count.
    Crisps only (with the new addition of peanuts):rulez: ;)

Unless of course the 13th of Oct you refer to is in 2012. That's a Saturday!
    :)

PS: I find it well funny that people are actually starting to check the dates on their crisps now to see if it falls on a Saturday.
    I've received about 10 texts over the weekend from friends who have been checking too! :)

OCD, here we come!!!

25. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

I can't believe that you went through the years to find when the 13th is a Sat! lol :thumbsup:

26. aythree

aythree Guest

lmao :lmfao:

Can't believe you went through the years to check that I was correct!! :)

27. lil_coz

lil_coz Active Member

lol I took your word for it :whistle2:

28. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

I'm glad i'm not the only loon! Also next time your following an old Rover 200/MgZr, I bet one of the rear lights isnt working!

29. Nilz

Mark 4 Golfs, as well they always seem to have a rear light out too!!!

Whats with that??