Eibach's on please.

I'mRonBurgundy?

Lets make that kitten purr...
Reaction score
I'll be needing some Eibach's fitted soon. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable service in the South East?

I'm going to give AMD a call but wondered if their was anyone else around my neck of the woods.

Thanks
Ron

Well after all your suggestions I went with AMD!

Car's booked in for 7th March - Eibach Pro's incl laser alignment was £300 all in. Bargin!

I'll take some before and after shots and report any difference in ride shortly after.

Eibach Pro's which are approx 30mm than standard.

I have an s-line so will only see a 10mm drop due to s-line springs already being 20mm lower than standard.

i am wanting to get mine lowered too but i dont want it to be very low, i have the sport modals, how much lower is the s line

I'm not sure how much lower the s-line is compared to the sport.

Do a search on Lowering Springs. I'm sure I've seen a few threads which detail the different ride heights

I think is like this

SE - Standard
Sport -10mm
Sline -20mm (so 10mm less than sport)

can you give me an idea of how much it all comes to and if AMD end up being any good?

Cheers
Sam

£300 exactly (see my 2nd post).

Will report on service but from what I've already read on here they are very good.

Yep.

You could go for Eibach Sportlines. They are lower by 40mm/50mm so you'll see 30mm/40mm.

I have Eibach springs on my 3.2 S-Line. It sits about 5mm lower than standard! It drives nice, but isn't the option to go for if you want it to look lowered.

Mikey paid £600 for Weitec coils & alignment from PSI (yes I know far from you etc). But my point is if you put the springs on and it doesn't go low enough (plus it won't ride as well as coilys) or you not happy then thats £300 down the drain isn't it Ron? :think:

I hope you get on alright and your happy. :o.k:

Yea I waslooking at some springs and new shocks, can't afford coils. I don't want it to. Be very low just want the wheels to fit in the arches nicely.

I had sport springs & it certainly dropped a fair bit, but not to low either, far better height than the sports or slines, cant recommend the Eibach Pro 30mm's enough as improved the ride alot with the FSD's aswell & if you want them, then goto Damian@DPM, great service.

But my point is if you put the springs on and it doesn't go low enough (plus it won't ride as well as coilys) or you not happy then thats £300 down the drain isn't it Ron?

I'm doing this to improve the crappy standard springs. Any improvement in stance due to lowering is an added bonus really. If all I wanted to do was lower the car I would have gone for the Sportlines.

Quite a few on here have said the Eibachs improve the ride so I don't see it as much of a risk. I also took advice from Damian at DPM who said coilovers weren't the answer (for me anyhow).

Got to admire your persistence though Nath and you'd make an excellent salesman for coillies...

Customer "My car won't start"
Nath "Have you tried coilovers sir?"

I thank you.

where is psi and is that 600 fitted and how does his ride sit any rubbing issues does he have 18s or 19 inch wheels help us out nate

Mikey paid £600 for Weitec coils & alignment from PSI (yes I know far from you etc). But my point is if you put the springs on and it doesn't go low enough (plus it won't ride as well as coilys) or you not happy then thats £300 down the drain isn't it Ron? :think:

I hope you get on alright and your happy. :o.k:

Depending on when he had the Weitec's fitted, that price may now be wrong. KW, Weitec and all the KW family products went up by something like 15 or 17% a couple of months back.

Does that mean they lower the rear more than the front?

Sem, they lower the front 50mm and rear 40mm (from standard A3 height).
I'm hoping to get some more pics of my Sportlines online at some point today... this is the only one i have so far... :sm4:

Sportback1_sized.jpg

Thanks Paul, they do look good. Is the arch to tyre gap even? how many fingers can you get in between the arch and tyre now?

Sorry for all the questions! Look forward to some more pics, a straight side on shot would be useful. I like the idea of Eibach as they are cheaper than the H&R's (and the quality is just as good).

I would expect them to lower the rear more than the front though as my S-line has more arch gap at the rear!

Also, while you are out getting a few pics, would you mind measuring how much front bumper to ground clearance you now have.

Cheers for the help.