1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eibach's fitted

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Mcdubber1, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Mcdubber1

Mcdubber1 Member

I finally got round to fitting my Eibach Sportlines. They've improved the looks and the handling without compromising the ride which is virtually the same as before. They could do with being a bit lower but it's a practical height and it saves the wife from moaning that the car scrapes everywhere, maybe it'll go down a wee bit more once properly settled but overall I'm happy. There's currently 5mm spacers on the rear but these will be going on the front once i get larger one's for the rear.

Poor quality iPhone pics unfortunately.

Before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The day they went on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a clean and refitment of the alloys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Active Member

Looks great.Im having mine fitted in a fortnight.Are the spacers really necessary?
  3. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Not necessary for most wheels, but gives a much better look filling the arches...
  4. Mcdubber1

Mcdubber1 Member

What razza said, not necessary but fills the arches more and gives a better stance. I'll be waiting a bit before getting new spacers for the rear cos I want to get my mk2 golf on the road by the end of the month.
  5. davsa4

davsa4 Member

looks loads better mate .
  6. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Site Sponsor

Looks real nice Si.
  7. dubdemand

dubdemand VAG Addict

Looks great fella, what's the drop on these from the standard S Line height? I assume yours didnt have the optional S Line supsension to start with?
  8. Mcdubber1

Mcdubber1 Member

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yeah mine just has the sport suspension on it. Eibach quote 45mm front and 35mm rear from standard suspension so that's obviously 25mm front and 15mm rear on the sport suspensionbut I'd say its dropped by the same amount all round, I should have measured it before and after really.
  9. jaybag

jaybag New Member

have you had it in for wheel alignment since you had your eibachs fitted?i stuck a set of eibach prokit on mine as opposed to the lower drop sportline eibach spring.I left the car into audi a week later for a 4 wheel alignment and they came back to me stating that the camber was out on the front and due to the fact the a4's upper control arms are non adjustable there was nothing they could do to correct it.
    mine had standard suspension beforehand so I am currently sourcing s line springs which will increase its current height by 5mm to s line spec which will hopefully resolve the camber issue.
    I am aware there are adjustable upper control arms on the market but I don't really want to start going down the aftermarket route any more than the eibachs I already fitted.
    any informed input would be much appreciated.I wonder by replacing my standard shocks with the sport shocks which I believe are a bit shorter will somehow correct the neg camber my car is riding on at the min.