Eibach springs

nicks3

Reaction score
Anyone tried Eibach sports line springs on an S3.

Nick, I cannot send you private messages. They don´t go in

Don't know if it's of any use but there is a complete set of Koni dampers, H&r Springs, and Eibach roll bars on ebay.

They're from a mark 4 golf/A3 but probably fit an S3

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40192&item=2447389953

1b_1.JPG

I have a set on my A3 1.8T and am very happy with the ride, the springs are progresive so the harder you drive it the stiffer they get.

Good Luck

[ QUOTE ]
A3 97-R 1.8T said:

They're from a mark 4 golf/A3 but probably fit an S3

[/ QUOTE ]

Afraid not, Quattro drive system is very different, also S3 rear anti rol bar is definately bigger than the standard A3 Quattro or not.

well according to my H&R product list (got it from H&R guy on the Motorshow in Essen) there are 2 different sets of springs for the S3.
The comfy ones and the sporty ones.
They both set the car a bit lower, however the dynamics (if thats the correct word) are different. The guy advised me to go for the comfy lowering springs because the sporty ones are really really sporty and not lower compared to the comfy ones.
If your goal is to lower the car but not to make it bounce, the H&R comfy springs should do the job. AFAIK Eibach do A3 springs, but not S3 (correct me if I'm wrong). Because of the fact that the S3 is quite a lot heavier compared to a normal A3 I would think that Eibach would not be the best option for the S3.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Eibach themselves have given me a part number for springs for the S3, althouigh I must admit that I thought they'd stopped selling them.

Do you know the part number of the comfy H&R springs and where I can get them from.

Not sure which way to go yet.

I've got the list at home, i will check later this evening.
Perhaps there is also a dealer list in the brochure i've got, i'll check that.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

springs only:
29438 VA (front)
29438 HA (back)
coil overs sport:
F36-1017-1/1 (shocks) 29431 VA1 (springs) both front
D46-1024-1/1 (shocks) 29431 HA1 (springs) both back

coil overs comfy:
F36-1047-2/1 (shocks) 29431 VA1 (springs) both front
D46-1024-2/1 (shocks) 29431 HA2 (springs) both back