EIBACH lowering springs

Siy

Reaction score
Hi again

Have been searching the net and came across the range of EIBACH lowering springs.

In there description it states that they have been fully tested and designed to be fitted with the original car dampers. Has anyone got these fitted and if so what do you think of them if used with the original dampers?

They are to go on an 03 A4 Avant TDI which will shortly have 17" alloys. These are purely for the looks and not handling as the wife drives this car 99% of the time.

Cheers

Rob

ps: anyone done this themselves if so any hints would be appreciated.

Hello Rob,
I bought a set of H&R lowering springs for my 1.8T and got the same sales pitch, after fitting them the car looked great but unfortunately the car was too bouncy over speed ramps and bumps, the original shocks were not matched with the lowering springs, so I had to buy a set of koni adjustable shocks, they were a very good combination, no body roll and the cars handling really improved and as I mentioned before the car looked great. So save yourself the money now and fit new shocks as well as the springs. PS I have my H&R springs and Shocks for sale they have only done 6000 miles if you are interested, I traded my old A4 in for a new one last year so I traded the car in as original. I can send you photos of them if you are interested.

Rob,
Sent you all the info via e-mail Fri 12.37 , hope you got it.
Good Luck...

hi there
i have just fitted my eibach springs to o/e dampers and it works a treat , no body roll and has lowered my car instantly by 30mm , the dampers on the tdi and avant are uprated due to the extra weight anyway so that takes care of bounce, the thing is trying to fit the buggers, i had to use my mates garage to fit them on the ramp, you really need the ground clearance and because of the new susssy set up you have to take off the rear calipers to drop the wishbone to prize out the old spring otherwise you end up brake pipe snapping and the cable ,
the front on my 51 plate 2002 saloon model has also changed , this means you need to take the whole suspension arm off to get at the spring . also when you are setting up the coil commpressors set them onto the spring aligning on the wishbone , because if you dont you wont get the strut to line up thru the rubber top bush, its a bit of a fkkkr to be honest get someone to do the job you will pay around £80 and make sure they do a wheel alignment after