EGT Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1

TimWills28

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi All,

Got glow plug popping up and EML on constantly now after resetting..

VCDS reports the EGT SENSOR on bank 1 sensor 1 is shot.

Which one is this?

There are 2 visible sensors on the top which are near the turbo...
d9695a4e8820ad64d44a404c5da48aa9.jpg

And there are some on the exhaust I believe..hope it's not those

Engine is 2.0TDI 150 2013

Help anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Tim, I THINK it will be the one on the right of the picture (white pipe wrap) as the other one, I THINK, is the primary O2 sensor (going from my S3).

Reactions: TimWills28
Hi Tim, I THINK it will be the one on the right of the picture (white pipe wrap) as the other one, I THINK, is the primary O2 sensor (going from my S3).

Cheers mate...seeking clarity before I make purchase...

Reactions: batch
Yeah in hindsight I wasn't much help!

Haha still undecided, removed the plug that was high and ran VCDS measuring blocks and all seemed to be run normal.

e5ce4438616d0345cb696fa6e7466537.jpg

Was stuck at 1000degrees before...

Haha still undecided, removed the plug that was high and ran VCDS measuring blocks and all seemed to be run normal.

e5ce4438616d0345cb696fa6e7466537.jpg

Was stuck at 1000degrees before...

Spoke to soon, lights started flashing again

Took out all 3 plugs and was still get changing readings on the log..not sure if it's brown orange or black plug needs to be replaced

My knowledge of diesel control tech is a bit limited, but by convention, generally bank 1 sensor 1 will be the first sensor in the gas flow from the cylinder head. Follow the gas flow, and the first one you get to, that's your boy.

I'm assuming there is only one bank, and VAG hasnt done what Toyota did and have the ECU run a four cylinder engine as 2 entirely separate banks banks of 2 cylinders (very confusing for fault finding), so sensor 1 will be the exhaust manifold / turbine inlet side, sensor 2 will be turbine outlet, but before the DPF/Catalyst/whatever-sorcery-VAG-install-to-pretend-diesels-are-green, and sensor 3 will be at the outlet of the magic box of tricks, presumably under the car somewhere.

Reactions: DJAlix and TimWills28
My knowledge of diesel control tech is a bit limited, but by convention, generally bank 1 sensor 1 will be the first sensor in the gas flow from the cylinder head. Follow the gas flow, and the first one you get to, that's your boy.

I'm assuming there is only one bank, and VAG hasnt done what Toyota did and have the ECU run a four cylinder engine as 2 entirely separate banks banks of 2 cylinders (very confusing for fault finding), so sensor 1 will be the exhaust manifold / turbine inlet side, sensor 2 will be turbine outlet, but before the DPF/Catalyst/whatever-sorcery-VAG-install-to-pretend-diesels-are-green, and sensor 3 will be at the outlet of the magic box of tricks, presumably under the car somewhere.

Sweet with help from you guys and @DJAlix I know the exact Sensor it's the one on the turbo so hopefully that ends it all! Thanks

Reactions: GSB and DJAlix
Hi, As stated above sensor 1 is the first sensor in the exhaust flow and is pre turbo and is usually located in the turbine housing on the turbo.
You can see in that shot of the VCDS fault info that the raw value of the turbine inlet sensor is 1000 degrees C. This is obviously incorrect and is what is read when the sensor is open circuit. Should read something like 130 to 150 degrees based on the other readings.
On a 4cly engine there is just the 1 bank. On a V8 engine with twin turbos you would have 2 banks of sensors one for each turbo.

http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sin.../145/subcategory/145050/part_id/254122/lang/e

The part number appears to be
04L906088

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vrvws-Sensor-Crb-2-0-Tdi-Mk7-Golf-04l906088-Temp-Sensor-/142309369325?

Reactions: GSB and TimWills28
Hi, As stated above sensor 1 is the first sensor in the exhaust flow and is pre turbo and is usually located in the turbine housing on the turbo.
You can see in that shot of the VCDS fault info that the raw value of the turbine inlet sensor is 1000 degrees C. This is obviously incorrect and is what is read when the sensor is open circuit. Should read something like 130 to 150 degrees based on the other readings.
On a 4cly engine there is just the 1 bank. On a V8 engine with twin turbos you would have 2 banks of sensors one for each turbo.

http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sin.../145/subcategory/145050/part_id/254122/lang/e

04L906088

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vrvws-Sensor-Crb-2-0-Tdi-Mk7-Golf-04l906088-Temp-Sensor-/142309369325?

Perfect order that, should be here tomorrow!

Reactions: batch
Plug it in first and make sure the reading looks reasonable and the fault clears, before you goto the trouble of replacing it.

Plug it in first and make sure the reading looks reasonable and the fault clears, before you goto the trouble of replacing it.

Most definitely have felt around today, not sure if a big spanner can get down there or if I need a bag tool

Hi Tim got same issue on mine, was it the sensor at the bottom behind engine that solved your issue? Should be 04L906088AD part number.

I’ve replaced mine but still showing same fault code. Apparently was a new sensor from eBay... but seems like it doesn’t work. And now dpf light has come on as well.

just wanting some help see how you fixed yours
Thanks

Hi Tim got same issue on mine, was it the sensor at the bottom behind engine that solved your issue? Should be 04L906088AD part number.

I’ve replaced mine but still showing same fault code. Apparently was a new sensor from eBay... but seems like it doesn’t work. And now dpf light has come on as well.

just wanting some help see how you fixed yours
Thanks

So after replacing all the sensors this car has 3 EGT sensors for this fault it’s the one on the turbo with the heat shield and black connector part number is 04L 906 088 DT . Hope that helps others :)

VCDs showing it as Bank 1 Sensor 1

@R999EEL Pity you didn't read my post from earlier in this thread, Can't believe you have replaced all the sensors. VCDS tells you which one is faulty. If you are not sure just unplug the sensors one at a time and check for new fault codes to appear.

04L906088

Hello guys

I have an Audi a3 2 tdi 8v 2013 and having issues with this also. I've already changed one sensor but I think this may be the wrong one. Using OBD11 I can see 4 sensors? Is this correct?

For some reason sensor1 is showing 800 c which I think is the issue. But I've also noticed sensor 2 showing zero. Also says not installed

I tried testing and I can fine sensor 3 and 4 but no idea where the other 2 are. Any ideas?
ee5c9e3d0418fe58ca56ecd9cb18afa0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

To add to my above text.. I've already changed sensor A. Sensor B I think is the O2 sensor as when I disconnect I get error for O2 not exhaust.

Also senor A shows as senor 3 in the above chart.
fa7e4b3dfd8145a3fe11c3dae16eb5fc.jpg

To add to my above text.. I've already changed sensor A. Sensor B I think is the O2 sensor as when I disconnect I get error for O2 not exhaust.

Also senor A shows as senor 3 in the above chart.
fa7e4b3dfd8145a3fe11c3dae16eb5fc.jpg

Hi mate, I have the exact same problem on mine too. It’s really bugging me as I can’t locate which sensor it is I need so I can order one online as I’m actually getting rid and need to put the car up for sale. Did you have any luck locating it?

Getting the same issue as you all can anyone confirm that sensor one bank one is "A" circled in the pics thanks limp mode is driving me crazy

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk