EGR Valve vaccum pipe? And random squeek between 1800 and 2100 rpm?

Bigman

Cornish and Proud!
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I have just been having a look at a few little niggles on my car (1.9tdi re-mapped to 150hp) and i noticed that on the rear of the EGR valve there is a vaccum pipe that doesn't appear to be connected to anything, but there is also a small unit with an electrical connection and various other small hoses coming off it that is mounted on (Bolts onto a bracket that points down into the engine bay) to the rigid air inlet pipe at the back of the engine that appears to have part of a hose attached that looks like it has been broken, does the vaccum pipe off the EGR valve go to this unit?

I also have a random squeek coming from somewhere in the engine bay, it initialy starts around 1700-1800rpm and then dissappears around 2100 - 2200rpm but only when the engine is under load, it sounds as if it could be a bearing somewhere, My initial thoughts were that it could be the turbo as it starts at a point where the turbo would be spooling up, but if it was the turbo i would not expect it to stop after a 2100ish rpm. There are no power losses either? Anybody have an idea what it could be?

Thanks

Adam