1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EGR valve on a 2006 170 bhp s-line

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by TURBOTRONICS, Jun 15, 2011.

1. TURBOTRONICS

TURBOTRONICS Member

Hi all my mate has just brought his car round for me to have a look at as it was making a funny noise
    When i had a listen it was making a crunching grinding noise which sounded a bit like a belt going or perhaps a bearing on its way out
    But when i pulled the cowling off the top of the engine the noise was coming from the EGR valve
    When i unplug it the noise stopped but the car does not seem to be affected by this
    The question is can he run it with it disconnected till we get a new one and what should we expect to pay for one
  2. Rheady

Rheady Member

I've just replaced mine on a 140tdi. Genuine part and was £240. Mine was making a noise but more of a ticking noise as it was intermittent.
  3. lespaul

lespaul Member

Does the sound change as you rev the engine?
  4. Rheady

Rheady Member

Only heard it when it was tick over. Icould drive it with no problems then at a junction if I then went to pull off it was as if I had no turbo. Then it would be fine again. The old one was very dirty considering I have only covered 50k miles.