1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Egr removal

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by BakPak, Apr 20, 2014.

1. BakPak

BakPak No Gear

Sorry this must be a very boring topic to bring up.

How do I get to the top bolt of the egr pipe, the one that obscures the third lower bolt where the egr fixes to the inlet manifold? I don't see how I can get some movement from a wrench?

2. BakPak

BakPak No Gear

I had a look at the Allard egr delete kit £55 I think. Will the engine still stop promptly? I don't want no chugga chugga before the final shut down....

3. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

And the engine is?

4. BakPak

BakPak No Gear

Sorry 1.9tdi 130 fwd.

5. ruffrida

ruffrida Well-Known Member

Delete it,always sworn by it,and convinced it gives ya better mid range power.
    As for the bolts. They are a proper pain in ass,i always use an allan key bit on a long extension,the bottom one will have you pulling ya hair out jus getting on it,but once ya there go slow,its all worth it in the end lol

6. BakPak

BakPak No Gear

Thanks for that advice, I'll get it resealed for now as I already have a new 'O' ring.
    Will the engine still stop smoothly without any juddering with the Allard egr delete kit fitted? Also does anyone know the best place to buy the kit?

7. ruffrida

ruffrida Well-Known Member