1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Egr removal then remap by different company ?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Gillm, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Gillm

Gillm Member

[Jan 30, 2014]
    Can this be done ? Just wondering as a local company can do egr and dpf removals cheap but don't offer a remap . But might go for a map later in the year from revo etc ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 30, 2014]
    IMO, from owning but not really using the tools to remap, I'd say leave the remapper to do both.
    If i was to do a remap, i understand that the file could easily be modified to incorporate those deletes. Anybody able to do one should be able to do the other. I have no experience yet in either, but have had many conversations about what i can and cant do with the tools.

Why not look at the site sponsors who offer remapping, i know brodster does all of what your asking depending on location.
  4. SI-W85

SI-W85 Well-Known Member

[Jan 31, 2014]
    Yes you can do your egr dpf delete first then the remap after but its advisable to get the map sooner rather than later as when you do the delete it will throw up a warning light on the dash, while ever this light is on you will not know if anything else is going wrong due to the light already being on, but if you were to get the garage to do the delete then the next day get it mapped you will be fine. I will be doing my egr delete tomorrow and getting it mapped next Friday.
  5. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 31, 2014]
    Remember that the DPF rules are changing WEF Feb 2014 and it will be an offence to run a car without a DPF that had one at manufacture. There will be a visual examination of the cannister only during MOT time so have a think about it. There has been many threads on here that have spiralled out of control due to ill feeling about DPF removals but if you still want it done then there afew options open to you. Before the ruling change the best way forward used to be DPF/EGR delete and Stage 1 remap. This totally transformed whatever car was being remapped. Expensive but exactly what the customer was after. Afew people like to completely remove the EGR sysytem to shed a bit of weight but it can be deleted via software to disable the valve so it doesnt operate. This is incorporated within the remap along with the DPF protocol changes. Hope this helps

***Be very wary of cheap DPF removal services as this can backfire massively. Ask alot of questions to what they are actually removing. Ensure that original cannister is kept along with sensors and that the only thing removed is the filter itself. Im very surprised that they dont offer to remap it because it needs to be done straight after it as the ECU needs to know it has no PDF fitted so the protocols for fuelling and regen are changed.***