EGR regen

christoph

Reaction score
Hi all. Picked myself up a 3.0 tdi sportback on monday whilst driving home eml came on. So scanned it and came up with p0401 egr insufficient flow. I keep reading with ccwa engine you can regen and burn egr as well as dpf but how do you do this as no one actually explains how this is achieved as would love to try it before spending money on new cooler etc. Cheers

Still haven't found out how to do egr regen, but also I've realised my idle sits about 620rpm is this normal doesn't really change between hot and cold. My friend has a q7 3.0 tdi and his idle sits around 900 and is dead smooth wouldnt notice it's running yet mine you can feel vibrations throughout the cabin which I know shouldn't be there. Is this likely to be a side effect of possible egr problems or is there something else I should look at. Cheers Chris

Hi all. Picked myself up a 3.0 tdi sportback on monday whilst driving home eml came on. So scanned it and came up with p0401 egr insufficient flow. I keep reading with ccwa engine you can regen and burn egr as well as dpf but how do you do this as no one actually explains how this is achieved as would love to try it before spending money on new cooler etc. Cheers

You already have a thread on this http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/egr-regen.327052/

Yeah as I realised after starting this thread that maybe the vcds pros may be of more use than the general a5 users that may not know about being able to regen egr. So far it seems to be nonsense as it's on the internet but nothing to show how it's done not even on ross-tec site. From reading the egr live data it's working fine though. Just the vibrations from engine that more worrying now.

cant do a egr regen you can try removing it and cleaning it,if no difference replace it.

I had the exact same problem and fault code just yesterday, I went out and had a spirited drive this morning and hey presto EML went off, So christoph get out there man and give it the beans.

Forgot I had this thread. I had another over in vcds forum to see if they knew how to regen. Go check out the thread(linked to further up in this thread) youll see why you have the light. I'm afraid thrashing doesn't work in long run. I found the same thing I could thrash the car on way to work and when leave of light would be out sometimes. Only way to cure it is new egr cooler. I tried new valve first and that didn't work.

There is simply one solution to the egr incompetent 1970's design .

FP3134.jpg

Reactions: christoph