EGR FAILURE

ads1981

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum as have just purchased my A4 3.0 V6 TDI Quattro Black Edition last month! (89000 on the clock)

Would really appreciate any info/comments regarding failed EGR unit.

Emissions warning light signaled upon driving back from a long motorway drive so I booked it in at my local Audi (Hull) asap in which they came back and said that the EGR unit needs replacing (age/mileage fail reason apparently) they first quoted £1200 in which I baulked at! I've managed to get them down to £1050 but I still feel this is to much? They said it's a long job 6/7 hours and very dirty for the technicians.

Is this a fair price?

Thanks very much in advance for your replies guys/gals

Hi, I'm new to the forum as have just purchased my A4 3.0 V6 TDI Quattro Black Edition last month! (89000 on the clock)

Would really appreciate any info/comments regarding failed EGR unit.

Emissions warning light signaled upon driving back from a long motorway drive so I booked it in at my local Audi (Hull) asap in which they came back and said that the EGR unit needs replacing (age/mileage fail reason apparently) they first quoted £1200 in which I baulked at! I've managed to get them down to £1050 but I still feel this is to much? They said it's a long job 6/7 hours and very dirty for the technicians.

Is this a fair price?

Thanks very much in advance for your replies guys/gals
I don't know about the v6 engine but I have just removed the egr valve and cooler on my 2.0 tdi and it wasn't that difficult I think 1050 seems a bit steep tbh I'm not a mechanic but have a little knowledge and my best mate who is a mechanic was there on standby incase I got stuck.