EGR Engine warning light

DanBastow

Reaction score
i have a audi a3 2.0 tdi and a my engin warning light came on i used an obd reader and got the coade (P2427) so i took the valve off and cleaned it and reset the coad it came on after a day. i have replaced the valve and cleared the coad and the lights came on again. any ideas what the problem is?

its to do with the electrical side of it, not the mechanical side of it

i dont know the name of the part but if you follow the rubber pipe you get to a "vacume control box" do you tthink thats the problem

I couldn't tell you to be honest, I just googled the fault code :D

sorry ive been busy with my sound systom. what do i need to do to check the egr cooler? thanks in advance as the engin warning light is annoying

vacuum pipes, the valve it's connected to.
images
the black pump is opening/closing the valve, check if it operates freely and if there any air leaks.

possibly yes. if yours is the BKD engine your EGR cooler (in Marek196c's photo above) is at the back of the engine under the fat air intake pipes, bit of a pig to get at I think

the problem isn't likely to be with the EGR valve at the front of the engine, that usually throws up p04** codes (I had to do mine last week)

to cehck it you don t need to remove it, but need to get off part of intake from filter to air rigid hose going over the engine block (still if it's bkd) and you can take a look from side, using torch. about the pipes just unplug 1 by 1 and check them with finger - syringe method

Last edited:
Reactions: lgooch
an you tell us your engine code first? anyway still if it's bkd engine:
49a_zps5cd2edd9.jpg

Is B on image. google egr-delete bkd and you will se all components of egr system.

That's how my engin looks it's a 2007 2.0 tdi 140 bhp and the code and description from my code reader

description and the thinks I said before are matching, so check cooler, piping, then vacuum controller.