EGR Delete

louis89

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm doing the EGR delete today using an Allard power pipe kit, the throttle body needed replacing so I figured I may as well do this at the same time.
Will it do any damage not to map the egr out or should I do this as soon as possible?
I was planning on doing a stage 1 with the egr delete map but I'm getting a little bit nervous about doing it on a 135,000 mile old car which is, as far as I know, still on its first clutch, although it did have the turbo replaced at 70k.
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

I don't think it will do any damage but I think you will just get a fault on the dash?

As said you'll just get the light on the dash that needs to be mapped out

Ok cheers!
In that case I reckon I'll wait and get it done with a stage 1 when I've got a bit of money put aside for a new clutch just in case!

Don't forget money for a fly wheel! Mine went last week and it cost me a hefty number for a clutch and flywheel!

I've also had the joys of clutch and flywheel just before christmas :)

Can anybody tell me if I can just bypass the EGR cooler and keep the EGR Valve

Why would you want to do that? That way you'd get hot exhaust uncooled going into the intake

Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick?

Purely to eliminate a coolant leak issue before buying a new cooler

I'm no mechanic but you can blank the EGR and remove the cooler if it's leaking

Sorry if I'm causing more confusion than helping

I've just done my egr delete, cooler delete this week on my 170 tdi BMN engine. Very fiddly too remove the steel pipe from egr valve, too the cooler but looks so much better and car drives well now :) you can also still use one of the existing hoses from the cooler once removed and also use the 90 adapter on bulk head. Hope this helps too.