EGR Delete

SI-W85

Reaction score
Has anyone on here done the EGR delete to there TDI and or DPF Delete? If so which one and was it worth it? Cheers

my mate did my egr on an old tdi B8
yes it was worth it

Rite good to hear does it need mapping after? It's just my car is going in for an APR map next Friday and was wondering if I should do the EGR Delete first?

yes ask them to write the egr out with the map

Yeah will do as long as I can get the EGR delete kit before next Friday. Any recommendations?

if you cant get the kit before the map it wont hurt to have the map done them the kit after
my pal in sheffield did mine at his garage so no idea what he used

you could try darkside there very good on dervs
and im sure they sell what you need

Yeah been looking at darkside will call them tomorrow, going to Awsome GTi so will get them to fit at same time if I can get the kit in time. Thanks for the help :)

Also does anybody know which ecu a 2010 143 will have, Siemens or Bosh? Has anybody had an APR map and know what it takes it up to?

You dont need to physically delete the EGR. Just ask your tuner if he can incorporate the EGR delete into the software. This deactivates the valve so it doesnt ever motor again thus eliminating any problems. I do this nearly all the time on diesels

Bosch EDC17 you should have

Lol just ordered one from darkside for £96, glad its Bosh as Siemens I believe is a bit harder to do the remap. :)

Well I ordered one from Darkside but unfortunately it doesn't come with the gaskets only 1 o-ring which is disappointing as it cost £96 in total, I found one that cost £63 that came with o-ring and gaskets but thought I would go for the Darkside one as I thought it may be a little better. Anyway rant over lol so my question is does anybody know the part numbers for the 2 gaskets I need for either side of the EGR? :)

Good stuff cheers I spend half my life on eBay but for some reason never thought to look on there lol