EGR blanking plate

madmanrsvr

Reaction score
i have just put on a EGR blanking plate on my 2007 a3 tdi 2.0 and sealed the the vacume pipe, i have done 50+ miles today and parked up when i started it up the emission light came on (i think),would it be to do with blanking the egr off or is it something else.

i have read up on others doing this with no truble,

i have got 73000 miles on the clock so it shouldn't need any thing major done i hope,i do a lot of motorway driving and drive it like an audi should be driven lol

20140111 190825

Thats an engine light not emissions light and ive done the exact same thing and have the exact same light. Granted the light will show up for many different things but i have vcds and every scan just shows insufficient flow or something along those lines. Its normal. Weirdly enough sometimes it goes if im driving around town, once ive done some hard driving or long distance it comes back up

so if i take the blanking plate off it sould go out as it has made no dif to the car.
i cleaned the EGR yesterday and it wasnt to bad, next thing is the inlet manifold to come off and be cleaned when it is dry down here in devon as it all ways rain :sob:

Yeah as above the warning lamp will be on because off an egr flow or air flow code.
Needs the ecu reprogrammed to remove egr.

If you remove it the lamp will probably go out after a few starts when I realises its ok again.

i thought i would try it as it was only £2 from ebay, so a leson lernt

You need Part Number:028131547B from the dealer.

Its the egr gasket that fits with a hole big enough to flow enough gasses to keep the egr light off.

It costs about £2.50.

Or you could drill a 7mm hole in your current gasket.

That's the part number of the one in my eBay link.
Depends if you've got a dealer local to you or not.

i have a dealer not to far away but i will drill a hole in the one i have got and see if that work and thanks again

that is why i am down on power and do you no now that i have taken it off if the lignt will go off on its own or will i have to take it to a garage to clear the ecu

After the car has done 3 drive cycles without the fault I'd of thought the warning light will go off itself

ideal i will take it for a good drive tomorow and fingers crossed it goes back to normal

I have my egr blanked and I got the egr mapped out with my remap have had no problems sinse loads more power and no lights and no crap getting recirculated round my engine