Eddy's 2.0TDI s-line build

Eddyf93

Reaction score
Hi guys, you can probably realise I'm a new member here, so firstly I'll introduce myself.... I'm eddy, 20 years old from
bradford, Yorkshire.

Got my b7 around 7 months ago, and have only just recently decided I'll start to mod it and have a play around. After a long drive down to Buckinghamshire, I got her home :)

Nothing really intetesting happened until around 8 weeks ago. I was driving as normal, but the car into gear and it jolted, as if it had just stalled, it hadn't. Instantly got the 'oil pressure' warning on my dash, so I straight away panicked! Got the car into work to check it over, keeping my fingers crossed for a cheap fix, I found this....

the oil pump chain and snapped, and smashed a hole in it's casing on it's attempt of escaping... So much for that cheap fix! Started to strip the car down to see what other damage had been caused

luckily nothing! So it was just a case of taking off the old oil pump kit, and replacing it with a new one. Once getting the chain off, the next big problem was getting the gear/cog off the shaft, very difficult! Tried heating it up and hitting it with a hammer but just no movement!

eventually I thought about grinding it down to make it thin enough to smash into pieces, and hey presto...

finally!!! So I put on the new kit, chain, cogs, and new oil pump. Thought I may as well replace the timing belt whilst it's off, would be daft not to!
Also, the front bumper had been giving quite a poor respray before I bought it, completely ruining the look of the front of the car, so as I'm a painter I decided to give it a proper going over whilst it was off the car

soshe was all fixed, looking good and back home. Bought some plastidip shortly after and decided to spray the front grill, doesn't look bad I don't think! :)

but just left work today and saw it starting to peal off :( think I fit it back on, drove it and washed it way before it was properly dried :(
also just ordered some JOM coilovers, was told they're decent enough coils just for the visual side of things :) just waiting them coming in from Germany!
but that's all from me for now :)

Welcome to the forum, looking good so fair, guessing insurance is a fair bit at 20 with a b7.

You'd be surprised to be honest! Very reasonable, especially as it's my first year on my own policy, but third year of driving :)

Got these through the post last week whilst being on holiday, nice package to come back to :D

Get them put on this weekend, weather depending :)

Welcome to the modding world :D

I was like you bought my first car been my b7 due to cheap insurance as a first year driver £1100 I paid 2 years ago I'm now down to £380 fully comp inc all mods declared.

I would suggest you declare all your mods including visual ones as police are becoming more of a pain in the *** with small things. And they can check your docs on there comps while following you.

Other than that, I'd suggest visiting 034 Motorsport for some mount upgrades :)

Yeah I was very surprised at how cheap the insurance was tbh, soon as I realised I jumped at the chance to buy one :)

All mods will get declared, not declaring is way more hassle than it's worth in my opinion!

Would you say it would be best to upgrade the mounts as soon as possible, or would standards cope for the time being?

Yeah I did the same not looked back since and had very few problems with the car itself.

Oh they will be fine for ages, just one of my personal mods I did and noticed a drastic difference in how the power is delivered and less vibration once they have settled in. (1000miles) before vibration disappeared fully. I did both engine gearbox and snub mounts. Purely due to having a custom revo stage 1 map that is rather aggressive. Soon to be stage 2.

I'll definitely consider them!

Could I just be a bit cheeky and ask how much you paid for your alloys? Only because there was a woman at work with them exact wheels on her Mercedes and sold them for £150! I never knew the real worth of them, just know they're a damn site more than £150 hahahah

I'll definitely consider them!

Could I just be a bit cheeky and ask how much you paid for your alloys? Only because there was a woman at work with them exact wheels on her Mercedes and sold them for £150! I never knew the real worth of them, just know they're a damn site more than £150 hahahah

I paid £1300 inc tyres, yet to see another set in the uk that are the same Mercedes ones. I get loads of stick from ppl saying there Porsche reps but Porsche didn't do them in 18" wheels or 5x112 x 8j

Hmm I think these might've been 17", not sure on stud pattern and stuff though, definitely were the same alloys though! I thought about buying them but had literally no money at that point.

One last question, your headlights. Are they standard lights with all the inside chromes painted and the lenses tinted or....? Just gathering ideas and stuff that's all :)

I wouldn't advise any size smaller than 18" in all honesty I want 19"s purely for the fact my car is sat perfect for 19s to be fitted with no adjustments. It's just finding another wheel that's not over played that I love like I did when I bought these ones.

My headlights are completely standard. De tangoed as std etc only thing I've done is fly eye the lenses and put in 6k hid's Image

Yeah I'm looking for 19"s when the coils go on, I'm not all that keen on the rs8's and they're a right state from the precious owner :(

That's really all you've done? Looks amazing! I was just planning on painting the small chrome bit at the front of the headlights and leaving the lenses as normal, like this

Not sure whether to de tango them whilst doing it as well

Yeah I'm looking for 19"s when the coils go on, I'm not all that keen on the rs8's and they're a right state from the precious owner :(

That's really all you've done? Looks amazing! I was just planning on painting the small chrome bit at the front of the headlights and leaving the lenses as normal, like this

Not sure whether to de tango them whilst doing it as well

you have projector lenses! :( mine doesn't :( what's the part number on them? Standard headlights?

Nooo unfortunately not! They're the rs4's aren't they, not sure if they even fit the a4's tbh. Was just using that picture as an example hahaha would love them though, but so expensive :(

Nooo unfortunately not! They're the rs4's aren't they, not sure if they even fit the a4's tbh. Was just using that picture as an example hahaha would love them though, but so expensive :(

Ahh, yeah s4/rs4 headlights I've seen a 2.0l Tfsi in the same blue as mine have them too! And yeah they are expensive but tups does a kit for £70-100 to rep them :) I've not had the chance to buy a kit yet tho :(.

Got the coilovers on at the weekend, due to having to climb huge speedbumps to get out of my street I couldn't go as low as I'd liked to have, but still happy with the result! And so comfortable for coils

Had a fiddle with the camber bolts to add a bit as well, some 10mm spacers and extended bolts are a MUST now

Looks good :), I'd suggest 15mm spacers all round for a flush fit with 8j wheels :)

you our won't get much lower on a b7 that would be practical the gear box mount stops us :( air is the only way to truly deck these cars and still they sit on the gearbox mount :(

Pictures really don't do it justice tbh, looks a lot higher than it actually is!
Was thinking 10mm spacers myself, just gotta get some extended bolts first

15mm spacers, 215/35/18's and I'm as low as I dare take it with only 1 inch ground clearance from the gearbox :/ speed bumps and hitting road dips and bumps at 70 are nasty lol. Multi story's are a no go too lol i get stuck 😂

19's are a must I think

Don't show me yours I get jealous!!! Hahaha

Yeah I think I'm probably same as your tbh, plenty of thread left on the coils but I just daren't at all

Hoping to get some 19" 3sdm's in the next month or two

Haha :p yeah I've got more than half the thread left on my coils :/ Image I got these to fit at some point when I can be bothered and a new auxiliary belt. I was shocked by the price on that £25 lol going 0.06's? :D I'll be jealous then... Lol

Was thinking 0.05's, although it'll be 6's if I can find some cheap enough

Too many cars round my area with 0.01's so 100% aren't getting them! Ideal wheels would definitely be breytons, but they're like rocking horse sh*t!

thats true, even doen my side and BBS alloys. so common.

PS: how low did you go? and any rubbing, scraping etc?

I'm not sure how low mm wise, just as low as I dare. Scrapes and bangs subframe a bit on the speed bumps near my house, but they're just too big, and a little bit of rubbing on the wheel arch liner, again only when going over the speed bumps and hitting dips in the road

Just been to pick up these little beauties! 19" rotiform blq's :)

Reactions: damfly27, ukphillad and DieselJake
Not much gone on for a while, but put the spacers on the rears so it's tucking nice and tight!

Then went to a meet a week or so back and got a pretty cool picture of her :)

Finally got some time at work to pull off the pealing plasti dip from the grille, decided to matte black the plastics, including fog light surrpunds, and the chromes pieces in gloss black

Over the moon with how they've come out!

So today I was fairly bored, not much going on at work, so I was thinking how much I hated the look of the bonnet with all the scratches and stone chips, so I did this! All ready to paint first think in the morning

Looking good that, the rotiform suit the b7 well