1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECU update for Audi A4 2.0TDI (140) BRE engine to address hesitance 1500 - 2200RPM

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by tuffguy, May 14, 2012.

1. tuffguy

tuffguy New Member

Jul 11, 2010

I hope you can help me.

I've had an ongoing issue which has the following symptoms:

Hesitance in acceleration specifically between 1500 - 2200RPM
    When sat at 70MPH on the motorway and around 2000RPM, a
    pulsing sound from the exhaust
    Black smoke when accelerating hard

I have replaced a number of things....EGR valve, MAF sensor and have had all hoses checked for leaks.

However, I have recently happened across forum discussions about ECU software updates and also that hesitance between 1500 - 2200RPM is a common problem on the TDI engine and can be addressed by a software update that amends the EGR values.

Does anyone have experience of the above or can tell me which is the newest version of ECU s/ware for the 2.0TDI (140bhp) BRE engine?

Many thanks in anticipation...

Many thanks,
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Darren198712

Darren198712 Member

May 14, 2012
    I also have a lot of black smoke under 2k while the car is on load. I was also wondering if there are any software updates. I contact audi UK and if there are updates im going to update it and then map out the EGR because I know they can cause head ache's