1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECU tuner suggestions...

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by dougan, Sep 21, 2003.

1. dougan

dougan New Member

OK... So my 2004 A4 1.8t (dolphin grey w/ultra-sport pac.) is on the way, I'm very excited to share pics/graphs/etc, but after reading all the ECU threads, I am still confused... Currently driving a 2002 WRX with mods to boot; included is the COBB tuned ECU. In the world of Subarus, its not a serious mystery of whom is the reliable tuner. They use serial programming as I see several of the Audi tuners do... I'd like to take care of my mods as soon as I get my car and my question is:

Which serial programed ECU tuners do you guys most highly suggest (experience needed please). Im state-side so US tuners would be a plus.

thanks, -dougan
  2. Jon

Jon Member

Hi,

Welcome to Audi-Sport /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

APR have a good reputation and i have personally used their product on my old S3 and was very happy with it. I think AMD are also available in the US and there are many people i know who are running their product and are happy.

Hope this helps, don't forget to post some pics when you get the car.

Jon.
  3. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

APR are the only tuner doing serial port tuning state side at this time as far as I am aware, with AmD coming soon from what I hear. APR have a great reputation in the states, especially on the stage 3 chip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif a colleague of mine in Houston runs very respectable 1/4's in his stage 3 APR A4.

I think quite a few of the guys across the water are running stand alones as well....but this depends on how serious you want to go.