1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECU damage ?

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by imported_berty, Feb 22, 2005.

1. imported_berty

imported_berty Guest

When I scan for fault codes with VAG-COM the fallowing codes appears:

17563 – Short to B+
    P 1155-35-10……………intermittent

17565 manifold pressure sensor G71: supply voltage
    P115735-10……………..intermittent

First of all I change the G71 G72 4 wire sensor. I check the wires from the sensor to the ECU with Ohm-meter and they are ok, but the errors are still there and cannot be deleted.

In diagnostic mode the N75 Solenoid valve (vacuum) moves, but when I command to move up it move down and when the command is down it moves up, so that is OK J

In a disparate move I change the ECU with an older version without immobilizer, and I have no errors and for 3 or 5 seconds the engine runs well (the N75 Solenoid valve begins to move the arm for vacuum …..) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

This message “manifold pressure sensor G71: supply voltage” it means the ECU not power supply the sensor? If this is true, can I do something? The ECU can be repaired? Or I have to buy one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Volkswagen Passat Wagon 2002 1.9 tdi ECU EDC15P+
  2. audi5e

audi5e Member

have you tried using electrical contact cleaner on the plug that connects to the ecu?
    maybe also try using this cleaner on the contacts on the ecu.