1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECS Shallow sump kit

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Stuart35205, May 7, 2013.

1. Stuart35205

Stuart35205 Member

[May 7, 2013]
    I have the above fitted and would like some advice , because there is no place for the oil sensor on this kit it keeps the engine management light on , quite soft realy as I should have been designed with this in mind , I have heard you can have the oil sensor mapped out of the ecu? Or could I solder something between the wires like you do on the wiring for sai removal , any ideas or help would be appreciated.
    cheers stuart
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[May 7, 2013]
    Its the sump from a 2ltr beetle... tbh its not that shallow and personally can't see the point... if you are smashing sumps then your car is too low... better off welding a couple of plates to the bottom like the baffled sumps have..

This sump has been discussed before...

<tuffty/>
  4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[May 7, 2013]
  5. Stuart35205

Stuart35205 Member

[May 7, 2013]
    It came fitted to the car tuffty , all I know is it was the kit from awsome gti judging by the receipt , It looks pretty flat to me but never seeing an original it's not my place to say , we have some pretty aggressive speed bumps by us aswell! It's realy just the sensor is like some idea what to do with . I can't see the point I'mn buying another sump and then a riser kit for the engine but maybe a last resort.
    regards Stuart