1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECS Shallow sump kit

Stuart35205 May 7, 2013

1. Stuart35205

Stuart35205 Member

I have the above fitted and would like some advice , because there is no place for the oil sensor on this kit it keeps the engine management light on , quite soft realy as I should have been designed with this in mind , I have heard you can have the oil sensor mapped out of the ecu? Or could I solder something between the wires like you do on the wiring for sai removal , any ideas or help would be appreciated.
    cheers stuart

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Its the sump from a 2ltr beetle... tbh its not that shallow and personally can't see the point... if you are smashing sumps then your car is too low... better off welding a couple of plates to the bottom like the baffled sumps have..

This sump has been discussed before...

<tuffty/>

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

4. Stuart35205

Stuart35205 Member

It came fitted to the car tuffty , all I know is it was the kit from awsome gti judging by the receipt , It looks pretty flat to me but never seeing an original it's not my place to say , we have some pretty aggressive speed bumps by us aswell! It's realy just the sensor is like some idea what to do with . I can't see the point I'mn buying another sump and then a riser kit for the engine but maybe a last resort.
    regards Stuart