1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECON BUTTON

markA4tdi Jan 23, 2010

1. markA4tdi

markA4tdi markA4tdi

Ok probably 1 for james here, as he always knows where the relevent posts are
    lol. there was a recent post explaining the econ button, just had the aircon regassed this morning all appers well , yesterday i coudnt turn the econ light off, was staying illuminated all the time, i got in this morning, and it would turn off, anyway as i had it booked in for a regas, it was done, all nice and cold still, and can turn the econ on and off just wondered if it was in need or not or have i wasted 40 quid? im sure i couldnt of done any harm replacing it :rockwoot:

2. dalespitfire

dalespitfire Quattrophenia

The Econ button is what turns the airccon compressor on/off. If its staying on it indicates a problem as it stays on to protect the system from being used when its not working properly. It probably just wanted gassing but mine had a problem with a pressure switch that was only highlighted by running a vagcom scan.

If it starts coming on and staying on again quickly then I would either get a vagcom scan or pressure test as you might have a leak.

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I just use the search button mate :icon_thumright: And have a good memory lol

Dalespitfire is spot on, Staz's FAQ's are always worth a read for aircon issues.