econ button light always on after on and off?

aterro

S3 YO
Reaction score
hello
at first

the econ button wouldnt turn off straight away when driving..

But after the car was on a journey it, i would press the econ button and it would go off and aircon would come on:)

But now it doesnt go like that all. it wont let me switch the econ button off at all(always lit)

I havent had a a regas ever.
i dont want to waste 50 on a regas if its the pump?

Any ideas, ways to check what is what?
cheers

On most cars, econ staying on is down to no gas. Yours could be a symptom of low gas but I'm no expert.

Why not take up kwik fit's offer of a re-gas, if it doesn't get 10 degs cooler you don't pay. So if there is a major leak or compressor fault you won't have to pay. p.s. there are plenty of stories of kwik fit finding other "faults" e.g. needs new pads and discs sir, so just get the aircon done and nothing else.

Yea mine is the same.
Its because it needs a regas.

Mine has got a leak so i need to get my pipe changed.
But kwikk fit shouldnt charge you if it has got a leak

Yea mine is the same.
Its because it needs a regas.

Mine has got a leak so i need to get my pipe changed.
But kwikk fit shouldnt charge you if it has got a leak

Mine is exactly the same mate and its going into the stealers tomorrow to get fixed. They narrowed it down to the high pressure switch behind the radiator which needs replacing.

Check fuse F8

This happened to me after getting my aircon gassed at Kwik Fit.

The econ light would come on if the car was on and stationary and not go off. I vagcom'd it and the V157 fault came up which was related to the throttle body. I replaced this at £175 for the part and it cured it. There is a massive thread on here about it, search "V157"