EBC REDSTUFF CERAMIC BRAKE PADS for the RS3

T-800 so your running back on stock pads?

For now

Until I get the time to fit these beasts

573d0d8918402420c05697e2d0678aba.jpg

Reactions: Gazwould
BLUEY and me are still using EBC Redstuff FRONT and REAR and its all plus, plus, plus: superb brake pedal, zero low-speed brake squeal, negligible brake dust, no apparent front and/or rear disc wear, superb cold bite: and lots of feel through the pedal when cold, warm, and/or pressing on; just a MEGA cost effective resolution; what's not to like...

For sure the BIG negative with the 47i6 upgrade was a long brake pedal - due to them cut-outs in the brake pad back-plate. I've now used both and can categorically state the long brake pedal is caused by the cut-outs as I've swapped 'em in and out and the issues stays with the 47i6 pads.

That's it, still 100% happy with the EBC Redstuff.

Reactions: s3_trev and monkeyboy_marcus
Couple of questions...
I've read all of the threads on the brake issues and had a the front callipers, discs & pads replaced on my own car as it suffered with the symptoms.
I'm about to extend the warranty on my car mainly for this brake issue but if it's pad related then why do they replace the whole lot? If the vibration returns would it not just be a case of replacing the discs & pads.

Also the POR-15 clear that goes on the spider is this the right product?

http://www.frost.co.uk/por15-clear-rust-prevention-paint-473ml.html

Brakes: the issue is brake pads but Audi GmbH chose to ignore my own findings and went for the 47i6 upgrade that didn't resolve the low-speed brake-squeal issue; and it's ONLY a low-speed brake-squeal issue that was a problem at that time, however, as time moves on and the brake pads - both original and 47i6 replacements wear - then it becomes blatantly obvious even that the Pagid/Brembo/Audi brake pads are 'THE' issue. So much written you need to review or just follow my own fix which as others know provides a cost effective resolution to both low-speed brake-squeal and vibration (caused by friction pad deposits on the brake disc). You choose...

As for POR15: I've already given you chapter and verse on audirs3oc.com, and the answer was don't POR15 the spider just polish like so:

P1020451x_zpsvirbe7kc.jpg

Having taken this this morning especially for you :hi:

Oh, and on the brake disc, that's the effect of EBC Redstuff brake pads, nice....:racer:

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, desertstorm and JayA3sline
Yea, ok, JayA3sline; that may have been a tad brusque but then again I don't know of anyone over the last 4-years that's posted an effective alternative and even though I've had guys suggesting it'll not work and or I don't know what I'm talking about you'd be amazed at how many have done - or I've done - what I suggested. PM me if I can help.

And on the brakes: Martin Sander the then MD of Audi UK told me categorically that Audi UK can only do what Audi GmbH tell 'em and so, whatever we may propose, that's where Audi UK, dealers and all, are; sad but true.

The Audi GmbH engineers are developing brakes as if a daily trip around the Nurnberg ring is the be-all and end-all; but us poor purchasers need something to go to Tesco and back without squealing on every brake application, and for me, a suitable anti-squeal shim provides that. That there are alternatives to that is another matter and that'll be your choice; but for sure, me and my Audi RS3, BLUEY, now have zero issues with brakes.

PM sent... :hi:

I installed the redstuff on my TTRS brakes on my S3, based on the advice of this thread. I have no complaints.

Reactions: 45bvtc
EBC redstuff - highly recommended and I've tried the alternatives. I applied POR clear to my front hubs and regretted it, as they don't look great, although still better than the rusty rear's!

I can't remember how long its been since my reds where fitted, but they are still going very strong and still superb, one of the best "mods" i have done on a car :D

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus, Marshy, jimojameso and 1 other person
Said you'd like 'em Dave; they were always a much better option than the 47i6 upgrade...

Hi all,

After reading several topics regarding brakes, are the EBC pads still the one to get for the TTRS for solving squeal and bite?

Hi all,

After reading several topics regarding brakes, are the EBC pads still the one to get for the TTRS for solving squeal and bite?

I still know of nothing better for road use and still using 'em front and rear; and as a PLUS they sure look after the brake discs

Reactions: Gazwould
Thank you very much 45bvtc!

Just what I wanted to hear :)

I'm just about to fit MTEC discs and redstuff pads to the back end of mine.

I'm just about to fit MTEC discs and redstuff pads to the back end of mine.

I agree 100% Cannot go wrong with MTEC rears and Redstuff in my view: fitted mine in January 2015 and here today:

MTEC 6 Mar 17

Reactions: Willyzzz
Did you have them chemically coated?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

No, generally as supplied, however, I did paint the 'vents' with POR15 clear and the recess with POR15 black. As with the fronts, POR15 clear does go a deep'golden colour after the usual brake heat cycles but for sure they don't rust!

MTEC 3 MTEC 2 MTEC 4

WoW 45bvtc, that setup is just gorgeous! :hubbahubba:

WoW 45bvtc, that setup is just gorgeous! :hubbahubba:

Thank you but its more this than me:

P1050755 mod

I was just lucky to find it and be able to afford it when we did :superman:

Reactions: fanshu, Kelza and Willyzzz
Hey, can anyone say if this EBC REDSTUFF PN - DP31210C will be good for my RS3 2016 ?
front brakes of course.
Thanks,
Asaf.

Hey, can anyone say if this EBC REDSTUFF PN - DP31210C will be good for my RS3 2016 ?
front brakes of course.
Thanks,
Asaf.

Nope! Them's for the 8P RS3 and that's where you're at, the 8P section.

For the 8V RS3 you need DP31513C - and I'm sure that'll all be detailed within the 8V RS3 section of ASN; just sayin', hope this helps...

All said, I think Redstuff perfect for the RS3 for road-going use - and I do wish Audi GmbH would take note, Audi UK even... :whip:

Reactions: Kelza
I have installed front and rear EBC redstuff since last Aug, since I have another new car last Nov, so I have just put on less than 5000km so far. The redstuff is super, road use is definitely good enough. I just worry about my OEM discs as they have now been used for over 38,ooo km. Last June checking is already less than 23mm thick.

But I would definitely recommend those 8P RS3 to change.

Are the DP31210C the good ones for the TTRS?

Thinking of replacing all my pads (F+R) by these red stuff pads, but not sure about the article numbers I should order...
I need the ones for the TTRS...

Anybody who can help me with this?

The TTRS callipers are the same as the RS3. If anything the RS3 pinched the TTRS callipers as the calliper part number indicates TTRS

Here is the online parts catalogue for EBC (2016)

I have Redstuff on the S7, however had some challenges in sourcing in the UK - the rear ones were not an issue, but I was unable to source the front ones anywhere in the UK, including direct from EBC, and ended up importing from USA.

EBC customer service was very unhelpful, and refused point blank to supply the front pads, even though they were listed in the UK Parts catalogue. They actually claimed they didn't make pads for the S7....

Having said that, I can highly recommend the Redstuff - no more brake dust or squeal which were driving me mad.

Note that there is no listing for TTRS Redstuff pads (page 78) but its possible that the catalogue has not been updated yet. :racer:

I emailed the CEO Andy Freeman because a rear Wilwood caliper Redstuff pad existed only as a part number .

Two weeks later much to my surprise he emailed back and had instructed the chaps in Northampton to knock them up and they cost me way less than retail .

Top marks .

I emailed the CEO Andy Freeman because a rear Wilwood caliper Redstuff pad existed only as a part number .

Two weeks later much to my surprise he emailed back and had instructed the chaps in Northampton to knock them up and they cost me way less than retail .

Top marks .
Now that, is customer service!

They were MTEC rear brake discs, discostu49: MTEC1471. Initial feedback is they're a little noisy but look stunning. No worries with REDSTUFF front and/or rear, no worries at all!
I'm a little bit confused right now...:huh:

When I check the MTEC site and search our TTRS model they are suggesting the MTEC 1599 as rear disc?

The difference between the 2 is the height apparantly?

Can you confirm what I should order as rear disc for the TTRS? The 1471 or 1599?

Last edited:
I'm a little bit confused right now...:huh:

When I check the MTEC site and search our TTRS model they are suggesting the MTEC 1599 as rear disc?

The difference between the 2 is the height apparantly?

Can you confirm what I should order as rear disc for the TTRS? The 1471 or 1599?

Yep, MTEC confused me too and then got 'em wrong but on their second attempt they got 'em right and it was well worth the conversation and effort.

My own 8P RS3 MTEC discs were marked MTEC1471 by MTEC back in January 2015

MTEC rear

Yep, MTEC confused me too and then got 'em wrong but on their second attempt they got 'em right and it was well worth the conversation and effort.

My own 8P RS3 MTEC discs were marked MTEC1471 by MTEC back in January 2015

View attachment 125561

So then for the TTRS I should also order the MTEC1471?

Because when I check on their site for compatible vehicles of the MTEC1471 the TTRS is not listed in there but the RS3 is.

The MTEC 1599 compatible vehicles are all sort of TTS and TTRS's....

What to do?

So then for the TTRS I should also order the MTEC1471?

Because when I check on their site for compatible vehicles of the MTEC1471 the TTRS is not listed in there but the RS3 is.

The MTEC 1599 compatible vehicles are all sort of TTS and TTRS's....

What to do?

Have the conversation with MTEC, I did, and preferably in writing, I did, as then if they supply the wrong parts and sometimes they have then you can exchange them easily. I actually provided MTEC with my own drawing of of my own RS3 brake disc to be sure:

Upload 2017 5 14 9 50 25

Have the conversation with MTEC, I did, and preferably in writing, I did, as then if they supply the wrong parts and sometimes they have then you can exchange them easily. I actually provided MTEC with my own drawing of of my own RS3 brake disc to be sure:

View attachment 125606
Ok, I will contact them.

But I always thought that RS3 brakes and TTRS brakes were exactly the same? Or am
I wrong there?

Is there a possibility to make the wear sensor work on the redstuff pads for the TTRS?