1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eBay Turbos

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MarkyS3, Sep 30, 2012.

1. MarkyS3

MarkyS3 Member

2. Tooks

Tooks Active Member

Well, in some respects, one of these would be better than a cream crackered genuine one.

But, the listing doesn't mention any warranty outside of the 7 day return thing, unless I missed it?

How long it would last is anybody's guess.

Would it not be just as cost effective to get yours refurbed/rebuilt by a good company?

The old phrase 'buy cheap, buy twice' has some merit here I think...
  3. MarkyS3

MarkyS3 Member

Yeh i understand that mate, my Turbo wasnt smoking and was boosting fine until i got to garage and it stopped boosting but then it was hanging off the manifold only held on by one bolt. This is probably the reason, the only concern i have is if its cracked somewhere thats where my coolant leak is coming from.....
  4. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

A brand new genuine ko4 can be sourced for just £500 these days, or someone like Beach Buggy can rebuild / hybrid the turbo for sensible cost too.

I'd stick with genuine stuff, as that'll only come back to bite you down the line.
  5. MarkyS3

MarkyS3 Member

Thanks Prawn will consider that, hopefully mine is ok, just thinking thats maybe where the water leak is from, is it common for them to crack and leak water?