Ebay silicon pipes

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
Well I bought these about a month ago and I fitted them at the weekend as well has a Profic B II boost controller and I have to say the pipes fitted great could have done with about another 1/2" on the turbo pipe fitting to the air box but other than that it was a good fit. If you have a N75 race valve or known as a N75J valve you will need to extend the small pipes coming off the turbo and actuator as they will not fit and you may have issue with the loom not fitting either.

In all with the boost controller my car holds 12.5 PSI where I would only hold 9 PSI at the top end and boost is so much stronger from spin-up but I will put this down to the Profic B II rather than the pipes although I’m sure they helped.

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

Phone pic's
Autobahn88g.jpg

Autobahn88f.jpg

Autobahn88e.jpg

Pipes cost me for both side £130/$260 deliverd

I have these autobahn 88 hoses from e-bay, and also found them to be of good quality and a good fit. I just went for the induction side hoses though. I see you have a blanking plate in the dv pipe i think, have you got yours mounted in one of the intercooler pipes? what is the benefit of the relocation? is it still a re-circ type valve, or purely atmospheric?

Sorry just realised what ide written (im on a night shift and half asleep) i know the dv isnt plumbed in here at all. what is that silver blanking plate for? is what i meant to ask.

Because the DV is on the intake manifold side I needed to blank out that pipe, so when I installed the new pipes I removed the old pipe (which the kit give you a new one). The DV is atmospheric and a re-circ.

Do you get any errors back of the DV?

Is your car chipped or just running a bit of wound up boost?

I have been looking at getting a BOV for a while but you get the yes it does not it doesnt cause problems argument everytime. The boost controller you fitted is it this one?

Is it safe enough to buy a manual boost controll with out the car being chipped and let the lamda prob sort the fueling as long as you dont crank the boost up a stupid level?

Someone on here has done just that and getting 1bar of boost but I would say you are in a very grey area but then providing you are not pinking or running lean you may be alright.

Would get a AFM just to be safe pennies shal be spent!!

hey Doc, hows it going?

do you have the link or ebay shop you got your pipes from?

i cant seem to find them anywhere on there.

thanks.

Dan

thanks Doc! your a star mate, ive ordered the turbo and induction pipe:arco:

thanks again.

Good to see the feedback on these pipes. Was looking at getting the TIP and will order one now.

I have to say they are excellent and would add they are as good has Samco’s any day.

You will need to buy new clips as the old ones will have to be forced off and will no longer be useable

is the n75j worth having and what relation does it have with 'divertor valve ?

thanks.