Ebay seller grrrr

scotty89

Reaction score
I bid on an auction for a s3 boot with spoiler
Luck that I was the only bidder on it so I won it for 99p
So I thought bargain
Went to sort out a courier so I messeged the seller telling him what I was doing and he turned around and told me he took it to the scrap yard because he would rather burn it than sell it for 99p
Should I report him or what
It's got me pretty annoyed
If I was him I would have started the auction at a higher price or stuck a reserve on it ?

Definitely report it and also forward his message to eBay

Yes not acceptable, however 99p is not realistic. What was his feedback like, did you sound him out before bidding? You have to be so careful. I agree that if he wanted x for it he should have started the bidding closer to that level or set a reserve.

I messeged him 4 hours before the auction had finished stating I would be planning a courier for it but got no reply till I messeged him when it had finished asking if he had received my messege from earlier

To be fair I'd probably be same as him if it finished at that price, either way report it to eBay though they will try swing it in your favour.

Reactions: Arrkon
Just his attitude
If he had said i would of made him a more reasonable offer

I'd rather burn a boot spoiler than sell it for 99p aswell! lol :D

But seriously, if someone won it for 99p, I'd just sell it for 99p. I find selling things with a BIN price and a best offer function is the most effective, this way, you just reject the offers you think are too low, plus you can return a higher offer, so it's like a winwin function.

Just checked his feed back
He done the same to a buyer on the 23rd of this month
Didnt sell because he wasn't happy with the price

If he wanted a certain price he should have started it at that price or set a reserve.

Ebay do free listings if you start at 99p so thats probably what he has done.

Report it to Ebay and leave negative feedback.

If he keeps doing it they will cancel his account.

Reactions: DieselJake
This is what gets me, I bet he wouldn't of complained if it sold for way over what he was expecting, I can guarantee he wouldn't of emailed the buyer saying here is a refund as you paid too much, you win some you loose some, man up and deal with it, like already mentioned should of either started higher or used bin with offer.

If he wanted a certain price he should have started it at that price or set a reserve.

Ebay do free listings if you start at 99p so thats probably what he has done.

Report it to Ebay and leave negative feedback.

If he keeps doing it they will cancel his account.

+1

I totally feel the seller frustration but rules is rules, definitely report them.

And put a link up to the item so we know which seller to avoid ;)