1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ebay scammers

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by Turkster, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[Apr 23, 2010]
    Just sold a set of 5 A4 alloys with great tyres on for £199, Sent them via delivery company,

I get a message from the buyer,

WTF, They was all spot on when i sent them and they signed for them so they must have been un damaged at that point,

I feel like they are looking to scam me, what are your views?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Watty

Watty ..... (_!_) Sarah's A3s #1 Fan

[Apr 23, 2010]
    Flippin heck, hate this sort of thing.
    Ask for a photo of the defect and state that you have photo's of all the alloys before they were sent. This way you can see if they're making it up and also if it is 'damaged', contact the courier etc...
  4. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 23, 2010]
    Its a scam for sure, seems more and more buyers are trying it on these days. Sadly Ebay and Paypal seem to side with the buggers! The fact they SIGNED for them, hopefully helps you as they should have checked all goods before signing otherwise can instruct the courier to return to senders addres! Ask for defect pics but stand your ground. Did they pay with paypal????
  5. Watty

Watty ..... (_!_) Sarah's A3s #1 Fan

[Apr 23, 2010]
    Also, contact ebay as threats to leave -ive feedback is a no no.

If it looks like he's going to leave you bad feedback, wind him up and hope he leaves a nasty personal comment, then you can get ebay to remove this as that isn't allowed either.
  6. colintdi

colintdi Member

[Apr 23, 2010]
    I say to ask for photos aswell and try and call his bluff my asking him for the code of the tyres and say you have a copy of these numbers
  7. yendall24

yendall24 Member

[Apr 23, 2010]
    the trouble with ebay and paypal is they always side with the buyer the seller as very few rights unfotunately its the chance you take .one thing i will never agree with is the buyer can leave you negative feedback but the seller as no right of reply
  8. Sarah's A3

[Apr 23, 2010]
    I agree, its crazy that as a seller you can only leave positive feedback!!! So when you have someone who is out for a con and youre left out of pocket, you cant warn others!!! Starting to hate Ebay now! Its too 1 sided.
  9. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 23, 2010]
    I'd take option 3 mate, I'd rather lose a feedback than lose any more money, it's a fcuking joke. Ebay feedback isn't all that anymore, I would trade with most people who have 80% positive feedback.
  10. Sarah's A3

[Apr 23, 2010]
    Yeh, unless they have paid via paypal and open a not as described dispute, the seller can have the money taken back!!!! Its awful but happens, sometimes the item sold doesnt even have to be returned!! So the buyer gets the item and money!!! Happened to us, was absolutely furious!!! Got our money back in the end but so did the buyer! how crazy is that! Hopefully wont happen here!
  11. Turkster

[Apr 24, 2010]
    Yes paypal all the way, Iv started the transfer to my bank for the funds now,
  12. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Apr 24, 2010]
    Yeap email back saying:

I securely marked the wheels/tyres for rma purposes, I have taken closeup pics of the tyres & wheels & made notes of the tyre brands, sizes & sidewall lettering along with any distinctive markings, etc etc, so if they are sent back, then they would be inspected to verify they're the same ones sent to you, please send them back & once I have checked all this & verify they're genuinely mine, I will refund you, but should we find the items have been tampered with & swapped over we will take this very seriously as fraudulent & contact ebay, paypal & the police, thanks.

You shouldnt hear anymore from him then & if you do, I'd take the items back as you're not responsible for the return postage costs.

Guys like this really are w4nkers, had similar issue recently & tried his luck over a pc power supply, said wasnt ok, the what can only be described as complete & utter cockerel hadnt even plugged it into the pc but said was faulty, idiot crawled away in silence after being told I have taken pics etc etc etc, didnt hear a word any further.

Also watch out for the ebay user K3nnyKen, sent him something which for some reason didnt go recorded, but given the circumstances surrounding it all I am sure he received the items but claimed £300+ back through paypal, cxnt & if he's reading this then yes you are a complete & utter cxnt mate!!!!! Even if I got refunded by royal mail, its the principle that matters, morality & honesty thats what I count in life.
  13. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Apr 24, 2010]
    I am having a similar issue and my paypal is locked so i cannot draw the funds out or send them as i need the money to send to a mate for stuff already received. Boils my p!ss
  14. Turkster

[Apr 24, 2010]
    Good Idea :icon_thumright: