1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay Cross drilled discs

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by griswold, Mar 27, 2010.

1. griswold

griswold Member

Going to change my discs soon saw these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300336147706&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

My friend got a set for his passat he seems happy with them but he's not local so haven't seen them on his car yet

I think they will look a bit better having rs4 alloys on than standard discs
    I dont expect the braking to improove either.

Not sure? quality?

Dont want spend a fortune on brakes 3 cars to maintain just bought an A6 so been spending a lot lately

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

sorry for butting in on this thread but ive been meaning to ask a question.

does uprated disks improve braking as ive been thinking that steel is steel and surely its the pads that give you the power you need to stop

4. jamie226bhp

jamie226bhp Member

discs are different as far as i'm aware as some are a softer material than others, so people buy the expensive pads and use the discs as the consumable, or thats what i'm lead to believe

5. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

Discs can add to better braking rather than saying "improve" as grooved discs are designed to aid in heat dissapation and also to de-glaze the pad when in use. Pads and fluid being the main factors, better pads will be made from different compounds to assist in breakdownof the material and using better fluid will raise the boiling point of it and lessen the chances of boiling and brake fade.

On topic, the discs linked arent the best mate, bought a set years ago for my Sierra Cosworth and when arrived they were covered in metal shavings and in standard boxes, they're just pattern parts which they are machining themselves. Never fitted them, sold them on.