1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eBay - Cheeky B*****d

[Dave B] Jan 14, 2013

1. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Daddy

Just browsing through ebay and noticed this fella advertising a boot lid: Audi A3 8L Bootlid Boot Lid in Ming Blue LZ5L | eBay

Had a closer look at the pic he's using to advertise it and it's my bloody car! He must have seen the image on the net and thought 'oh that's shiny, that'll be perfect'....

I might have to message him and point out that this description is not strictly accurate "All exterior and interior items for sale are in good condition as seen on pictures."

2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

​Its not the first time i have read this about ebay, i would be sending him a message if i was you and telling him that your pictures are copywrighted. :) x

3. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's! Supporter

Various companies have been using a picture I took of Prawns Miglia arches to sell them for years, it really pisses me off but I guess imitation is the highest form of flattery.

[​IMG]

4. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

it wouldnt bother me

5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

6. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Daddy

It doesn't bother me enough to report it, but I am going to email him asking for a royalties payment :laugh:

7. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Daddy

I've asked him:

"Hi, Is it the boot lid in the picture? Have you got any close-ups?"

...see what he says.

8. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

lol, bill him! email him an invoice for use of picture...... i would. Does he clean that boot lid on a regular basis? NO, you do lol :)

out of interest how did you come across it ?

Sean

9. z1mma

z1mma Member

Id be more worried about my boot lid going missing once his auction ends :eek:

shady-ninja likes this.
  10. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Daddy

I have a saved search set-up in ebay so if anything comes up with my paint code in it then I get an email. Very handy for body parts that I may need in the future!

11. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

All I can see is a golf mk4 boot lid :think:

12. Jay A3

Jay A3 #because Racecar Team Daytona Audi A3 Manual

maybe he has changed the pic? :ninja:

13. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

yep hes changed the listing to the mk4 lid

14. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

They did ask me if they could use the pic first :laugh:

15. 666markyboy

666markyboy Well-Known Member

thats a good idea, i didn't know you could do that, i search my paint code every now and then on the lookout for a cheap front wing, i'll have to set that up as it's a much better idea

16. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

Also think that is a good idea dave! Thumbs up

17. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's! Supporter

You ****er!!!!

18. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi S3

ive done that for gearboxes

19. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Daddy

Yeah he's changed the listing and picture. After I asked him the question posted above they replied saying:

"I dont have spoilers if that is what you after. They are same colour - Ming Blue, you can visit us and have a look yourself closely, because its hard to take detailed close up picture of such big item and being in person you have a chance to look in every detail."

To which I said:

"What you really mean is that you don't have a close-up picture of that boot-lid or car because the boot lid is not from that car. I know this because I own the car in the picture and the boot lid is right in front of me attached to my car.

Please remove this image from the listing or I will report you to eBay."

Shortly after the listing was changed.

I hope you're not looking for Ming Blue parts!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  20. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Someone let me know a guy in the states was using a pic of my S3 with the black grille and rings to sell black audi rings. He soon removed it when I asked him to.