1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eBay buyers who cannot read the description

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by sidibear, Sep 26, 2012.

1. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 26, 2012]
    Just sold some old Sierra stuff on the bay, listing clearly says postage UK Mainland only.
    Buyer of first item is from Spain and the second item was won by a guy in Ireland :shrug:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. coatesy

coatesy poking badgers with spoons

[Sep 26, 2012]
    My girlfriend gets this all the time people buying stuff and then saying can you send it to Russia, then winge when she says yes but it will cost you through the nose.

People are just thick ..
  4. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Sep 26, 2012]
    not thick they just try it on
    just use the blocks in ebay to stop overseas bidding
  5. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Well-Known Member

[Sep 26, 2012]
    I block bidders unless they are from the UK.

Saves a lot of hassle.
  6. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 27, 2012]
    I sold some RS6 reps a few weeks ago. I made it abundantly clear that this was a cash on collection sale, but you could wallpaper your bedroom with the enquiries I got asking if I'd accept PayPal and/or ship the wheels by courier
  7. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Sep 27, 2012]
    Mate sold his Scooby thru eBay , guy won was clearly marked £200 deposit to be paid within 24hrs .
    He e mailed asking for contact details then nothing ! Despite 4 or 5 e mails
    After 7 days opened and won his dispute was then contacted by guy asking why he had complained to eBay !
  8. tedward

tedward Member

[Sep 27, 2012]
    As said, just use your options to block non u.k bidders.

I have min set to proper grumpy mode! No non uk bidder, no to non paypal users, no to people who don't have a credit card on file,no to people who have no feedback! The list is endless. But it's saved me a lot of Greif from total numptys.

E bay is a magnet for n$b heads. Do your best to beat them off with the tools provided.
  9. sidibear

[Sep 27, 2012]
    Thanks guys, despite using eBay for a number of years I wasn't aware of the filters you can use. I will know for next time.
  10. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

[Sep 27, 2012]
    Electronics are probably the worst to sell on fleabay.The amount of dickwads from nigeria that need to buy 'as a present for thier pastor/vicar/bumchum etc immediately, and will pay over the odds.Much worse when is a buy it now cos they do and you have to reclaim/relist.I always state no africa (con artists) south america, italy (post goes missing),and europe and usa only.And a min of 20 positive feedback.Yet still Mr kanan Banana contacts me for his urgent present.
  11. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

[Sep 27, 2012]
  12. sidibear

[Sep 27, 2012]
    Ooh, seriously dodgy buying a premium watch off ebay...
  13. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Well-Known Member

[Sep 27, 2012]
  14. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Sep 27, 2012]
    Ive just had a guy from ireland buy my dash cluster through ebay, paid by paypal immediatly, but unfortunately my mrs decided to move my toolbox and it got smashed to pieces. So i refunded, apolagised, thought that would be the end of it. Oh no, as he paid for my item he is ' now the legel owner of it and i should post it anyway for him to inspect and return if its too badly damaged to use' , he cancelled my request to terminate the sale and get my fees back and gave me till yesterday for delivery.
    It was to get 'his sons car through an mot'.

I fail to see how a smashed up cluster that will probably never communicate again would help you pass an MOT.

Anyway, I just pointed out that ebay is just a market place, and in the eyes of the law there is no contract untill money is accepted, and in this case i rejected and refunded his payment. However as i am now out of pocket for seller fees i suppose i could claim that from him through the small claims court, as clearly he refused my cancellation to cause me issues and un needed loss!

Of course i did offer to help in any other way i could being an enthusiast, but no reply. :(