1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay anyone else see this

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Markey, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Markey

Markey Active Member

[Mar 12, 2008]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Siena

Siena Active Member

[Mar 12, 2008]
    Too expensive, has too much missing.

You can buy a complete S3 for £5,500, that won't have the problems associated with an expensive, stolen recovered.

For the money the seller wants, it's a breaker.
  4. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

[Mar 12, 2008]
    You'd probably be better off posting in the S3 forum as those guys will have a better idea of how much the parts will cost to sort it out.

Personally I wouldn't touch a stolen recovered car. They quite often get bounced off kerbs, etc. so it could possibly have bent steering arms, damaged subframes, etc. And you've heard the phrase "driving it like it was stolen"... don't expect the scallies to have adheered to an enthusiasts warming up and cooling down ritual!

Having no keys is just an extra headache which would involve buying new ones and getting them coded by Audi.
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 12, 2008]
    Yes you're looking at £1k for the interior and another grands worth of bodywork and that's just for starters. There's probably a host of other issues with the geometry as BT says above and resale will be impossible.
  6. Markey

Markey Active Member

[Mar 12, 2008]
    Well i was not going to pay more than 1k for it which i could make back of the last few bits, i was only going to stick two bucket seats in it and cut the dash up remove climate etc and build it as a time attack car.