Eastern Creek Track Day Sydney Photos uploaded

eddyg

Reaction score
Hi,

I've uploaded some photos from Mondays Eastern Creek track day in Sydney, my first track day in my S3 (2002 APR program). I did about 40 laps in total in 6 sessions, wore away at least half of my front Bridgestone S03's (which were new), nearly a full tank of optimax, and over 150km of hard driving :) And had one hell of a good time. I started out with lap times of 2:18 and ended up at 2:11, with plenty of room for improvement, he was doing 2:06.

I found that tire pressure was critical, I started out with 44/42psi cold, but that ended up being 56psi after the first two rounds, it was getting pretty nasty to handle, I dropped the pressure back to 44/42psi and all was well again.

I discovered first hand that you do not under any circumstances start braking after already cornering, the rear end just steps out, but is easily controllable by taking your foot off the brakes. I also discovered that you can corner a lot faster than you think you really can, and that you should drive with the revs above 4000 at all times, never get off boost, ever.

Photos in my Gallery

You can look at photos of the rest of the cars plus mine here photos at eastern creek at the photographers website.

Cheers,

Edward.

looked like fun shame i missed it as i was running my car across the road do u know Will and Slim they were there as well one in a MK1 GTI the other in a Integra VTIR

looked like fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi Costa,

I went to Eastern Creek on Monday, not Saturday with Moto concepts. It cost more, but there is an instructor and fewer cars, so more track time. Would have been nice with fewer skylines though.. they were having a hard time staying in a straight line, always sideways.. probably the driver.

Cheers, Edward.

I added a quick video to the gallery, both M3's looked the same, but one was a fair bit quicker than me and had big balls to enter corner one under brakes from about 220kmh whilst off line, he probably was doing about 160-170kmh round the corner, i was doing about 150kmh, and the other M3 I was out gunning on the straights but he was catching on the corners (although I improved my corners throughout the day).

Nice pic eddyq, but tell me why do you have euro numberplates instead of NSW plates. Is it an import, If it is, who imported it for you? and did it turn out cheaper than normal retail?
cheers philippe (perth)

Hi Philip,

In NSW we have a whole range of different number plates available, as of last year Euro style plates were added to the collection. You'll notice that on the left in the blue stripe instead of the country and the euro symbol are the letters NSW. Followed by "N" as the first letter of plate for NSW, followed by the NSW flower, the Waratah and something else.

You see quite a few of these plates on European cars in NSW now, mainly in Sydney, they are the standard plates used by BMW and Audi for new car sales.

Cheers, Edward.

Yep - I've got the APR serial port tune, which rocks, and I put some EBC Greenstuff pads on the front brakes to improve braking, and reduce that nasty brake dust you get from the OEM pads.

I've also got a satnav installed, which does come in handy sometimes.

As for the plates, you could try doing what the Kiwis do and get German plates with your numbers on them. They abide by all the Aussie regs, so you shouldn't get hassled.

Cheers, Edward.

Guys have u heard of ozaudi.com its an Aussie forum which is pretty cool cos we organise meets etc

BTW Eddy u should join Club Audi NSW we will be doing heaps of track days with other car clubs etc so it should be good

BTW im the treasurer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW heres a pic of my other car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It has euro plates as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

s2.sized.jpg

s3.sized.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
EVIL S4 said:
im loving the vee dub /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it too and i love drill for getting me the D sign /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif