1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easiest Way to Unclip Air intake spring clip...

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by _G_, May 29, 2012.

1. _G_

_G_ Member

Any ideas?

I don't know why they make it so non-user friendly.. I've cut my hand twice now using needle nose pliers and the second time was a ricocheting clip... I was with my wife so I milked it and had her nurse it better :p but I have been put on strict warning that I need to find an easier way without injuring myself... or the neighbours cat... oh yes that was the third time... it lashed the cats paw... the neighbour had no idea... I fessed up but he wouldn't believe it and said that his cat is always getting into cat fights.. ok I've gone off on a tangent.. is there an actual tool or easier way to remove the offending clip? I need to remove my air filter housing as I will be changing the coils out this weekend.

Muchos Gracias boys and girls - enjoy the weather while it lasts.
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  2. Imteyaz

Imteyaz 6th Gear

You need the 'special' pliers for the job (Snap-On HCP 10 or VAG1921) according to the interweb - makes the job a lot easier. You should be able to get them from Snap-On or TPS, my dad has them (he's had them for over 10 years now) and they work a treat.