1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EASIEST WAY TO DE-BADGE MY A3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by nick2107, Sep 24, 2011.

1. nick2107

nick2107 New Member

hi guys ive just got my new a3 my61....... cant understand whilst it took me so long to move to audi but im glad i have.
    im thinking of removing the a3 and the tdi badges. which is the best way to do so without causing any damage ?

2. Sheikh

Sheikh Member

Get a hairdryer and gently heat up the badges, then just pull them off with your fingers. You can then use IPA or sticky stuff remover (halfords) to get rid of the residue :happy: Then just finish off by polishing it.

3. Ratzer

Ratzer New Member

I pulled mine off with dental floss!

4. 1inchpunch

1inchpunch Member

Yup, I heated mine with a hairdryer then slid dental floss in behind to remove. I had loads of sticky stuff left but I just used the hairdryer and removed with my fingers then a good polish to finish off. Piece of weewee.

5. NEILGF

NEILGF New Member

Pour freshly boiled water slowly over the badges then peel off. Use Autoglym tar remover to remove glue. Then polish....

6. Sheikh

Sheikh Member

Autoglym tar remover is useless for sticky residue! That's what I tried, before I resorted to IPA. But the freshly boiled water trick works a dream :yes:

7. A-k

A-k Member

Same as above used a hairdryer and a 8lb fishing line and some tardus to remove the remaining residue...

8. Rob-Quattro

Rob-Quattro Member

Hair dryer and some elbow grease :)

9. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Like above, I used a hairdryer and fishing line when I did my old A3; tar/insect remover to carefully remove the remaining adhesive.

Just remember when using the hairdryer, that localised heat is used in paintless dent removal - so if you get it too hot you could affect the paint/lacquer. I'm not sure pouring freshly boiled water over anything except the dry ingredients for a brew is all that great an idea, but to each his own...

R

10. NEILGF

NEILGF New Member

Pouring freshly boiled water over the badge is less likely to cause damage to paint or lacquer than localised heating of the area. Petrol works great to remove glue residue but your cheaper with tar remover now. :eyebrows: