1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ease of fog light retrofit

Burkin Aug 31, 2012

1. Burkin

Burkin Member

Hi I have a 1.6 a3 and it doesn't have fog lights and I was wondering how easy it is to fit them and how I would fit them?
    Any ideas?

2. phil_w

phil_w Active Member VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Team Brill Red

What year is your A3?

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Depends on the electronic board fitted, but 90% of the time its compatible, as its a 1.6 I would hazard a guess its an 1.6 fsi so maybe original as in 03-06 ish?

Need a loom, fogs, coding, fog area fitment available & grills, does help having some technical abilities tbh.

Do you need them supplied/fitted?

4. Burkin

Burkin Member

Nope it a 1.6i 2008 Pre face

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Didnt know they did a 1.6 in 08 tbh, thought they'd phased them out, everydays a school day.

6. Burkin

Burkin Member

It's early 08 so is in the 05-07 bracket

7. Garfybeds

Garfybeds Active Member Audi A5

I have a 2006 1.6 8 valve and am thinking of the same mod so would appreciate any advice or pointing to a previous thread

8. phil_w

phil_w Active Member VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Team Brill Red

What trim level is the car? Standard, SE - guessing standard otherwise would have come with fogs...

9. Garfybeds

Garfybeds Active Member Audi A5

Its an SE

10. Kash.

Kash. New Member

ive got an se and i was thinking of doing the same thing but do the fog lights and grills fit in an se's front bumper?
    sorry to hijack your thread by the way :)

11. phil_w

Yep fogs and grilles fit - as per above - need fog lights, grilles, loom, new headlight switch with front fog setting, possibly an uprated Central Electronics Module (lowline from that era didn't support fogs) plus patience...