Eagle F1 GSD2 and GSD3

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Arvo, just got a new set of front shoes for my little darling.

This time I have got Eagle F1 GSD3's whilst on the rear I have got Eagle F1 GSD2's. Looking at them there is a major difference to the tread pattern. On the GSD3 they are very similar to the Toyo Proxes T1's in terms of the tread style as well as the disperation of water the pattern it wears, they seem to be a hard tyre but only time will tell.

The GSD2 have a much more varied pattern with 'better' disperation for water, it does look much better as well.

I know the GSD2 are v grippy as the rear of the car feels so well planted, haven't really tested the GSD3 as they have only just got on but it should be interesting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

However I have to say that I would have preferred to go for the GSD2 over the 3 (but it was all they had in stock and I had -0.4mm of tread on the old ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif!).

The pricing was stil good £88.00 per tyre, compared to £100+ for the Toyos and they still fit the alloy better than before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Anyway I'm off have a good one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I've been running the GSD3's for about 1500 miles now, and I'm very impressed with them.

They are big improvement over the standard fit Bridgestone RE040's. The GSD3's seem to give the car more feel when turning in. They are also good on the motorway and around town, perhaps a little extra road noise but not much.

The wet weather a week or so ago gave me the chance to test them in the wet. The grip and feel is so much better. The onset of understeer on a wet roundabout has been reduced - which I'm happy about. As the Bridgestones were awful.

I've never tried the GSD2's or the Toyo's, so can't compare, but I'm quite happy with the GSD3's.

AL

Just done a 500 mile round trip and the GSD3 feel okay (I guess I still have to scrub em a little bit), don't feel as grippy as the GSD2 but I guess time will tell. Have to say they do fell good in the turn in and there is minimal tramlining with them so far.

Anyway be intersted in your thoughts AL B over the next 13K miles to see what your impression is of them and inturn mine.

Cheers