E-Con Smell

Shaunos

Reaction score
When I run the E-con in low there's a urine smell. In A/C mode it's fine. I recently renewed the cabin filter for a carbon type. Any ideas?

It needs a aircon bomb to clean out the bacteria in the system, you can buy these at various places, try this 1st with aircon on full & the recirc button enabled or its pointless, as Jeff found out recently lol.

Audi do offer a fumigate option, but try this 1st as they charge allot more.

Heheheh!

On a serious note to Shaunos, the Comma aerosol cleaner is really excellent. Even if it doesn't fully cure the smell first time (which it probably will), treating it again with a second can will still be way cheaper than any dealer treatment. I also saved the cost of a new cabin filter by cleaning and re-using the existing one.

I think mine cost around £26 at Audi when it was in for a service. The aircon bomb was on offer, but they forgot to list it on the works so I wasn't charged, though I did mention it.

Had to clean the inside of the windows a few times afterwards though as it left a kind film on them.

Pull the glovebox off and you'll see a rubber plug on the side of the evaporator core.

Direct a jet of water into that and catch the run-out from the floor vents with a towel.

Best solution I've found to the smell.

Lasts 3-4 years.

Reactions: sidibear and marky67
Oh, and last of all, if you want to get rid of the urine smell for good, stop peeing in the air vents. :thumbsup: