1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-Con Smell

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Shaunos, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Shaunos

Shaunos New Member

When I run the E-con in low there's a urine smell. In A/C mode it's fine. I recently renewed the cabin filter for a carbon type. Any ideas?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

It needs a aircon bomb to clean out the bacteria in the system, you can buy these at various places, try this 1st with aircon on full & the recirc button enabled or its pointless, as Jeff found out recently lol.

Audi do offer a fumigate option, but try this 1st as they charge allot more.

4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

Thank you for reminding everyone. :blush:

NHN likes this.
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

I love you too :p

6. jdp1962

Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

Heheheh!

On a serious note to Shaunos, the Comma aerosol cleaner is really excellent. Even if it doesn't fully cure the smell first time (which it probably will), treating it again with a second can will still be way cheaper than any dealer treatment. I also saved the cost of a new cabin filter by cleaning and re-using the existing one.

7. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !!
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A4

I think mine cost around £26 at Audi when it was in for a service. The aircon bomb was on offer, but they forgot to list it on the works so I wasn't charged, though I did mention it.

Had to clean the inside of the windows a few times afterwards though as it left a kind film on them.

8. GarJE

GarJE Member

Pull the glovebox off and you'll see a rubber plug on the side of the evaporator core.

Direct a jet of water into that and catch the run-out from the floor vents with a towel.

Best solution I've found to the smell.

Lasts 3-4 years.

sidibear and marky67 like this.
  9. jdp1962

Oh, and last of all, if you want to get rid of the urine smell for good, stop peeing in the air vents. :thumbsup: